The Random Pages Test is a quick means of creating a side-project for bored Wikipedians or those interested in research.
Follow the steps to create a Random Pages Test:
- Choose any number ( 1-10 ). Ten is the preference of most.
- Click Special:Random, then repeat many times, recording which articles were selected.
- If applicable, improve the selected articles to a satisfying level of encyclopedic quality.
- Keep track of progress in a subpage in your userspace. (For help on using subpages, go to Wikipedia:Subpages)
- When all selected articles are improved to a satisfying degree, repeat.
- User:Acather96/Random Page Test, short survey of 24 articles
- User:Carnildo/The 100, very detailed survey of 100 random articles
- User:Knulclunk/Random, piecharts showing a distribution breakdown of 200 random articles
- User:Opabinia regalis/Article statistics, table of 250 random articles showing percentages