This is an essay on Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not.
It contains the advice or opinions of one or more Wikipedia contributors. This page is not an encyclopedia article, nor is it one of Wikipedia's policies or guidelines, as it has not been thoroughly vetted by the community. Some essays represent widespread norms; others only represent minority viewpoints.
Wikipedia is an encyclopedia for general public use.
- It is not a soapbox for proselytizing any message, spiritual or secular.
- It is not a platform for pushing any agenda, religious, philosophical, or otherwise.
- It is not a venue for the righting of wrongs, great or small.
- It is not a vehicle for promotion of your church, guru, political organisation, or revolutionary therapy.
- It is not a struggle, contest, or game to win at all costs.
- It is not a verbal battleground in which to crush your ideological enemies.