|This page in a nutshell: Most people who say they're "diffusing conflict" don't really mean it. And some other wreckage thrown in for good measure.|
Now and then someone undertakes to "diffuse" a conflict budding somewhere in the project. Probably they really mean they want to defuse the problem, as in "remove its fuse" – like from a bomb – to avoid blow-ups. Diffusing a conflict would be to spread it over a wide area, which is presumably not the intention.
- "12 tips for diffusing office conflict" (especially recommended – from Pest Management Professional)
- "How to Diffuse a Difficult Situation - in Just Five Words" (for those in a hurry to begin diffusing)
- "The 1 Skill Leaders Need To Diffuse A Conflict Between Employees" (for when the diffusion need is urgent)
- MANAGING CONFLICT AND DIFFUSING ANGER (for advanced diffusers)
Casting dispersions, inciteful comments, and so on
Closely related concepts include:
- duel citizens;
- casting dispersions (or casting of ass Persians);
- making inciteful, diffamatory , or half-hazard comments;
- hoisting blame;
- being foist with one's own petard (or pittard);
- supporting something in good conscious;
- sewing chaos;
- receiving carpe blanch;
- maintaining a civil and constructive manor;
- venturing where angles fear to tread;
- pedalling bogus arguments;
- committing sudoku;
- for all intensive purposes; and of course
- feeling loathe to do something (or maybe doing it weather or not).
Duel citizens (and see also )
Long-term tendonitis editing
"I have now also added sauces to the page"
Guide to unappealing or appalling blocks
- Stalkers are invited to contribute appalling or unappealing blocks to this collection (perhaps later to be broken out as its own page)
- Admins note! Important! It is unethical (and time-consuming) to go out and make an appalling block just to get something on the list!