|"Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy"|
|Single by Chris LeDoux|
|from the album Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy|
|Released||July 13, 1992|
Mark D. Sanders
|Chris LeDoux singles chronology|
"Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy" is a song written by Garth Brooks and Mark D. Sanders, and recorded by American country music artist Chris LeDoux with Garth Brooks. It was released in July 1992 as the first single from his album Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy. The song reached number 7 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in September 1992. Brooks is featured as a duet partner, although he only received chart credit in Canada.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that intensity compensates for LeDoux's lack of vocal range. She goes on to call it a "cheeky and thoroughly engaging title tune."
"Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy" debuted at number 49 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of July 25, 1992.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||5|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||7|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||59|
- Chris LeDoux Hot Country Songs Chart History
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 234. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, August 15, 1992
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1893." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 10, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Chris LeDoux Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1992". RPM. December 19, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|