What Ever Happened to Baby Toto?
What Ever Happened to Baby Toto? (Italian: Che fine ha fatto Totò Baby?) is a 1964 Italian black comedy film written and directed by Ottavio Alessi, starring Totò. It is a parody of Robert Aldrich's What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?.
|What Ever Happened to Baby Toto?|
|Directed by||Ottavio Alessi|
|Produced by||Alberto Pugliese |
|Written by||Ottavio Alessi |
|Music by||Armando Trovajoli|
A pair of half brothers, Baby Toto and Pietro, make a living stealing suitcases at the Termini Station in Rome. After they steal a suitcase they discover that it actually contains a corpse. In an attempt to discard the suitcase they mistakenly exchange it with a German hitchhiker.
Forced to retrieve the "corpus delicti" they are discovered by Count Mischa who tries to blackmail them: in exchange for his silence with the police, they will help him kill his rich wife. After killing the woman, and binging on marijuana mistaken for lettuce by the brothers, Baby Toto becomes a sadistic serial killer. After killing the Count and a half-dozen people, he begins to torture his brother.
- Totò as Baby Toto / Baby Toto's father
- Pietro De Vico as Pietro
- Mischa Auer as Count Mischa
- Alvaro Alvisi as Police Commissioner
- Ivy Holzer as Inga
- Alicia Brandet as Helga
- Gina Mascetti as Mischa's wife
- Mario Castellani as The director of the orphanage
- Olimpia Cavalli as Baby Toto's stepmother
- Peppino De Martino as The Maresciallo
- Franco Ressel as The American Official
- Giuseppe Tosi as tall man
- Alberto Anile. I film di Totò (1946-1967): la maschera tradita. Le mani, 1998. ISBN 8880120808.
- Roberto Chiti; Roberto Poppi; Enrico Lancia; Mario Pecorari (1991). Dizionario del cinema italiano. I film. Gremese Editore, 1992. ISBN 8876055932.
- Paolo Mereghetti. Il Mereghetti - Dizionario dei film. B.C. Dalai Editore, 2010. ISBN 8860736269.