Looking east at station depot built by Erie Railroad
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections|| NJT Bus: 165|
Rockland Coaches: 11, 14, 46, 84
|Parking||Yes (permit required)|
|Station code||787 (Erie Railroad)|
|Opened||March 4, 1870|
|Rebuilt||July–November 13, 1932|
|Passengers (2012)||368 (average weekday)|
Westwood is an NJ Transit railroad station in Westwood, New Jersey. It is on the Pascack Valley Line and is located at Broadway and Westwood Avenue. The next station northbound, heading toward Spring Valley, New York, is Hillsdale. The next station southbound, headed for Hoboken Terminal, is Emerson. The station consists of one track, one low-level platform with a miniature high-level platform and a station depot maintained by the borough of Westwood. Westwood also maintains the parking lots, consisting of 226 parking spaces, six of which are accessible based on the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990.
Westwood station opened on March 4, 1870 as part of the New Jersey and New York Railroad, a 21-mile (34 km) long railroad from Pavonia Terminal to Hillsdale. The station lasted until 1932, when after 25 years of fighting between the Erie Railroad and of the borough of Westwood, a new station was built, opening on November 13.
The station has one track and one low-level side platform. The platform is at Veteran's Memorial Park across from Broadway with its northern end at Washington Avenue and southern end at Jefferson Avenue.
Permit parking is operated by the Borough of Westwood. Three permit parking lots area available, with 35, 67, 104 spots, respectively. Permits may be obtained through the Westwood Parking Authority.
|Track 1||← Pascack Valley Line toward Spring Valley (Hillsdale) |
Pascack Valley Line toward Hoboken (Emerson) →
|Side platform, doors will open on the left or right|
|Street level||Station building, ticket machines, parking|
- "List of Station Names and Numbers". Jersey City, New Jersey: Erie Railroad. May 1, 1916. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- "Pascack Valley Line Timetables" (PDF). Newark, New Jersey: New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. November 7, 2010. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- Backus, Kathleen S. (March 21, 1957). "Removal of Historic Buildings Excites Interest in Borough". The Bergen Evening Record. Hackensack, New Jersey. p. 5. Retrieved December 25, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "New Station". The Bergen Evening Record. Hackensack, New Jersey. July 2, 1932. p. 16. Retrieved December 25, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Officials Aid Westwood Dedicate New Erie Depot". The Bergen Evening Record. Hackensack, New Jersey. November 14, 1932. p. 2. Retrieved December 25, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS" (PDF). New Jersey Transit. Archived (PDF) from the original on April 19, 2013. Retrieved January 4, 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Westwood (NJT station).|