|Westside Consolidated High School|
1630 Hwy 91 W
|School district||Westside Consolidated School District|
|NCES District ID||0504020|
|Oversight||Arkansas Department of Education (ADE)|
|NCES School ID||050402000146|
|Faculty||47.60 (on FTE basis)|
|• Grade 8||117|
|• Grade 9||131|
|• Grade 10||129|
|• Grade 11||108|
|• Grade 12||106|
|Student to teacher ratio||12.54|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core curriculum|
|Classes offered||Regular, Advanced Placement, Concurrent|
|Campus type||Rural; distant|
|Athletics conference||4A Region 3 (2012–14)|
|Team name||Westside Consolidated Warriors|
|National ranking||No. 149 of 2,008|
|Feeder schools||Westside Elementary School|
|Affiliation||Arkansas Activities Association (AAA)|
Westside High School is a comprehensive public junior/senior high school serving grades eight through twelve in unincorporated Craighead County, Arkansas, United States, in a rural area near Jonesboro. Westside High School is one of eight public high schools in the county and is the sole high school managed by the Westside Consolidated School District. The school is alternatively referred to as Jonesboro Westside or Westside Consolidated.
The school district, and therefore the school's attendance zone, occupies sections of Craighead and Lawrence counties. It principally serves Bono, Cash, and Egypt, and it also serves portions of Jonesboro.
The assumed course of study at Westside High School is the Smart Core curriculum developed by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE). Students engage in regular and Advanced Placement (AP) coursework and exams to obtain at least 24 units before graduation. Students also have the choice of participating in any of two possible concurrent courses. Exceptional students have been recognized as National Merit Finalists and participated in Arkansas Governor's School.
Westside is associated with Cultural Academic Student Exchange (CASE) and hosts foreign exchange students almost every year from all around the world.
The Westside High School mascot is the warrior with scarlet and white serving as the school colors. Westside provides a number of clubs and organizations that participate in extracurricular activities.
For the 2012-2014 seasons, the Westside Warriors participate in the 4A 3 Conference. Competition is primarily sanctioned by the Arkansas Activities Association with the Warriors competing in baseball, basketball (boys/girls), bowling, cheer, football, soccer (boys/girls), softball, tennis (boys/girls), track and field (boys/girls), volleyball, and Marching Band.
- Warrior Dome: The Warriors play their indoor sports in the Warrior Dome. The Warrior Dome is one of the toughest places to play as a visiting team, especially for boys' basketball. The Warrior fanbase is very passionate and always show their support.
- Basketball: The boys team won a state title in 2010 and state runner up in 2011 and 2017. The Westside basketball program is well respected and has always been tough. The Warriors were one of the most dominate teams in 4A last decade. They are coached by the successful Mark Whitmire and assisted by David Smith.
- Volleyball: The volleyball team is one of the state's most successful having won six state championships (1983, 1992, 1994, 2001, 2007, 2009). Westside was led by Glenda Patterson between 1973 and 2010, who is the all-time winningest coach in Arkansas high school volleyball history with a 783-205 record. Westside's volleyball team is now coached by Julie Tubbs.
- Dance: The dance team won consecutive state titles in 2011 and 2012. in 2012, the dance team won 16 first place trophies out of 17 competitions entered.
- Tennis: The girls tennis teams won consecutive state titles in 2007 and 2008.
Clubs and traditions
The following social and service organizations are available for the students to participate in: Art Club, Christians Making a Difference (CMD), Drama Club, Future Farmers of America (FFA), Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Future Teachers of America (FTA), Fire Marshals, Interact Club, Prom Committee, Student Council, Science Club, Spanish Club, National Honor Society, Thespian Society, Quiz Bowl, and Yearbook Club.
- "Search for Public Schools - Westside High School (050402000146)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Westside CONS. School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved September 22, 2012.
- "The High School Challenge, Westside". Washington Post. Retrieved 8 February 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Home". Westside High School. Retrieved 2019-08-04.
1630 Highway 91 West, Jonesboro, Arkansas 72404CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Map". City of Jonesboro. Retrieved 2019-08-04. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Craighead County, AR" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2018-06-04. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Lawrence County, AR" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2018-06-04. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Home. Westside Consolidated School District. May 2, 2004. Retrieved on October 18, 2010. "Westside Consolidated School District #5 was founded in 1966. Since its establishment, Westside has provided the areas of Cash, Egypt and Bono a country school with city amenities."
- Deadly Lessons: Understanding Lethal School Violence. The National Academies, Committee on Law and Justice, Board on Children, Youth and Families. 2003. 102. Retrieved on October 18, 2010. "The Westside School District is one of five public school districts in the immediate area and serves the Bono, Cash, and Egypt communities, which lie adjacent to Jonesboro and are largely rural towns."
- "School Profile, Westside High School". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved September 21, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2012-14 AAA Classifications and Conferences" (PDF). Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved September 21, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "School Profile, Westside Consolidated High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved September 22, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Arkansas Activities Association Record Book 2012-13" (PDF). AHSAA.org. Retrieved September 21, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Official website
- Westside High School (warriors.crsc.k12.ar.us/whspg1.htm) at the Wayback Machine (archive index)