Westerly Burial Ground
|Location||West Roxbury, Massachusetts|
|Architect||James Foster II, J. N.|
|NRHP reference #||87001401|
|Added to NRHP||November 20, 1987|
The Westerly Burial Ground (also known as Westerly Burying Ground) is an historic cemetery on Centre Street in the West Roxbury neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts. Established in 1683, it is Boston's seventh-oldest cemetery, and where the first settlers of the West Roxbury area are buried. It was enlarged in 1832, and 1844, and its last documented burial was in 1962. Eight American Revolutionary War veterans are buried there as well as fifteen veterans of the American Civil War.
The cemetery was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.
- List of cemeteries in Boston, Massachusetts
- National Register of Historic Places listings in southern Boston, Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Cultural Resource Information System Inventory No: BOS.816
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 15, 2008.
- "MACRIS inventory record for Westerly Burial Ground". Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
|This article about a Registered Historic Place in Boston, Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a building or structure in Boston is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|