This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Weber State Wildcats|
|Head coach||Jay Hill |
7th season, 47–29 (.618)
|NCAA division||Division I FCS|
|All-time record||268–280–3 (.489)|
|Conference titles||6 (1965, 1968, 2008, 2017, 2018, 2019)|
|Colors||Purple and White|
- For information on all Weber State University sports, see Weber State Wildcats
The Weber State Wildcats football program is the intercollegiate American football team for Weber State University, located in Ogden, Utah. The team competes in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) and is a charter member of the Big Sky Conference, founded in 1963. The school's first football team was fielded a year earlier in 1962. Home games are played at the 17,312-seat Stewart Stadium, and the Wildcats are led by head coach Jay Hill.
- 1962–1972: NCAA College Division
- 1973–1977: NCAA Division II
- 1978–present: NCAA Division I–AA / FCS
- 1962: Independent
- 1963–present: Big Sky Conference
Weber State's first postseason appearance was in 1987.
Division I-AA/FCS Playoffs
The Wildcats have appeared in the I-AA/FCS playoffs eight times, with an overall record of 7–8.
Year Round Opponent Result Head Coach 1987 First Round
Mike Price 1991 First Round @ Northern Iowa L 21–38 Dave Arslanian 2008 First Round
@ Cal Poly
Ron McBride 2009 First Round @ William & Mary L 25–38 2016 First Round @ Chattanooga L 14–45 Jay Hill 2017 First Round
@ Southern Utah
@ James Madison
2018 Second Round
SE Missouri State
2019 Second Round
@ James Madison
Notable former players
- "Weber Athletics logos" (PDF). Retrieved April 28, 2017.
- Boling, Dave (November 28, 1987). "Vandals to wing it; Weber waits for answer to prayer". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). p. B1.