|Location||Sugargum Drive, Waurn Ponds|
|Distance||84.90 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 4|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||12 October 2014|
To Melbourne: Every 40 minutes on weekdays, Hourly on weeknights and weekends.|
To Warrnambool: 4 services on weekdays and 3 on weekends
Waurn Ponds railway station is located in the southern Geelong suburb of Waurn Ponds and is the current terminus of the Geelong railway line. Located on the north side of the Warrnambool line, between Oakwood Crescent and Rossack Drive, the station was initially to be named Grovedale, but was renamed Waurn Ponds before opening.
In April 2013, the State Government announced that a new Waurn Ponds station would be built at Waurn Ponds to serve the nearby suburbs of Grovedale and Armstrong Creek. The station was budgeted at $25.9 million – $9.4 million for planning and land acquisition, and $16.5 million to build a single platform with passenger amenities, booking office and toilets, on road bus bays, bicycle storage and parking for 200 cars.
Contracts for the construction of the station were awarded in February 2014. In July 2014 the name of the future station was changed to Waurn Ponds, and the size of the planned car park was increased to 292 spaces, along with overflow parking for a further 100 to 150 vehicles. The new station opened on 12 October 2014.
Platforms & services
- Geelong line: V/Line services to Southern Cross
- Warrnambool line: V/Line services to Warrnambool & Southern Cross
The Waurn Ponds name is also used by V/Line's Network Access Division to refer to the Victorian Portland Cement Company Sidings, at the Blue Circle Southern Cement plant, two kilometres west of the passenger station.
- "New $26 million Grovedale station a boost for public transport in Geelong". State Government of Victoria. 26 April 2013.
- "New Contract awarded for $25.9m Grovedale station". State Government of Victoria. 4 February 2014.
- Shane Fowles (31 July 2014). "More parking for $25 million Waurn Ponds train station". Geelong Advertiser.
- Waurn Ponds Station Public Transport Victoria
- "New V/Line timetable, Waurn Ponds and Epsom stations open" Railway Digest December 2014 page 21
- V/Line Melbourne - Geelong timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Warrnambool - Melbourne via Colac Public Transport Victoria
- "Waurn Ponds to Winchelsea signalling diagram No: 40/13" (PDF). V/Line. 14 May 2013.