This article needs to be updated.June 2019)(
|City||Marco Island, Florida|
|First air date||September 1, 1984 (as WWWO)|
|Power||1,000 watts day|
1,000 watts night
|Callsign meaning||W Voice Of the Island (in reference to Marco Island)|
|Former callsigns||WWWO (1984-1985)|
|Owner||Immaculate Heart Media, Inc.|
WVOI (1480 AM) is a radio station simulcasting 98.1 FM WBGY. It went silent on June 26, 2017.. Licensed to serve Marco Island, Florida, United States, the station is currently owned by Immaculate Heart Media, Inc.
The station went on the air as WWWO on September 1, 1984. On July 8, 1985, the station changed its call sign to WMIB, on August 6, 1993 to WODX and on July 3, 2002 to the current WVOI.
- Silent A.M. station list as of May 3, 2018; retrieved May 27, 2018.
- "WVOI Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WVOI Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WVOI
- Radio-Locator Information on WVOI
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WVOI
|This article about a radio station in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|