|City||Statesville, North Carolina|
|Slogan||"NEWS TALK 105.9 100.7"|
|Translator(s)||W264CU 100.7 (Statesville)|
W290DK 105.9 (Mooresville)
|First air date||May 3, 1947|
|Callsign meaning||We Serve Iredell County|
|Owner||Iredell Broadcasting, Inc. Mark Sanger President/CEO|
WSIC is a radio station operating in Statesville, North Carolina. Located within the Charlotte DMA, WSIC is considered a news and talk leader within the communities it serves. WSIC can be heard on 1400 AM, 100,7 FM, 105,9 FM and worldwide via WSICfm.com. WSIC is a Fox News Radio affiliate, Airs Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Harold Johnson, Pat Shannon and many other local leaders, also carrying the Carolina Panthers.WSIC-TV is broadcast over-the-air via digital channel 25.2 and on Continuum Cable in the greater Lake Norman region (local programming only). WSIC Airs "live" programs from their radio/tv hybrid studios at 1117 Radio Road, Statesville, NC 28677.
WSIC is the radio and TV home of four-time Emmy Award winner and legendary Charlotte sportscaster Harold Johnson who hosts the station’s Morning Show. Johnson is the former Sports Director of WSOC-TV in Charlotte. His show on WSIC is a unique mix of politics and fun. The station produces an average of five hours of local radio and television programming every weekday morning.
The station started service on May 3, 1947, along with its former sister station WMKS (originally WSIC-FM, then WFMX before splitting off in July 2006). The pair was the first AM and FM radio stations to sign on simultaneously in the nation. Some of WSIC's alumni include Ty Boyd and Harold Johnson and Pat Shannon. The station is owned by Iredell Broadcasting, Inc. Mark Sanger is the President and CEO.
- "WSIC and FM Adjunct Start Simultaneously" (PDF). Broadcasting. May 19, 1947. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "Radio station expands with new FM signal, digital TV". Independent Tribune. 27 June 2018. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WSIC
- Radio-Locator Information on WSIC
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WSIC
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W264CU
- Radio-Locator information on W264CU
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W290DK
- Radio-Locator information on W290DK
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|