|City||Jacksonville, North Carolina|
|Broadcast area||Wilmington, North Carolina|
|Branding||92.3 & 101.1 The River|
|Slogan||We Play Whatever|
|First air date||November 1993 (as WFXZ)|
|Former call signs||WFXZ (December 13, 1991—June 1, 1994)|
|Affiliations||Cumulus Media Networks|
|Owner||Dick Broadcasting |
(Dick Broadcasting Company, Inc. of Tennessee)
WQSL was rhythmic CHR and its name was "The Beat of Carolina" until the end of 2006, at which time it changed to rhythmic adult contemporary with the name "The Party Station". At the end of 2007, WQSL changed to urban adult contemporary with The Touch format from ABC Radio Networks and the Rickey Smiley morning show.
On August 29, 2013, at noon, the station flipped to a stunt of 1960s-leaning classic hits as "Oldies 92" before flipping to an adult hits simulcast with WQZL as "92.3/101.1 Jack FM" at noon the following day.
On December 16, 2013, the station changed their format from adult hits to a country simulcast with WQZL, branded as "The Wolf".
In September 2017, Dick Broadcasting announced the purchase of Alpha Media stations in three markets — 18 stations and two translators in total, at a purchase price of $19.5 million. The acquisition of WQSL by Dick Broadcasting was consummated on December 20, 2017.
On July 6, 2018, WQSL changed their format from country to variety hits, branded as "92.3 & 101.1 The River".
WQSL's logo under its previous "Jack FM" format was the same as the one being used by the Canadian radio station CJET-FM.
- "Call Sign history". Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- Tricia Vance, "WAAV, 'Q' GROUP; 4 Radio Stations Are Sold," Star-News, May 1, 1997.
- New Bern's Jack Quickly Gives Way to a Wolf Radioinsight - December 16, 2013
- Venta, Lance (2017-09-05). "Dick Broadcasting Acquires Three Markets From Alpha Media". radioinsight. Retrieved 2017-09-06.
- WQSL/WQZL Flip to Variety Hits Radioinsight - July 6, 2018
- NextMedia website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WQSL
- Radio-Locator information on WQSL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WQSL
|This article about a radio station in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|