|Body and chassis|
|Floor type||Step entrance|
|Power output||420-500 bhp|
Volvo B13R is a 12.8-litre engined coach chassis available as both two- and tri-axle from Volvo since 2009. It was the first of the Volvo BXXR series, replacing the higher output configurations of the B12B. It was later joined by the B11R, which has the same base chassis but a smaller engine. And as Volvo chose not to upgrade the D13 engine to meet Euro VI emission requirements, it was replaced by the B11R in the European market, but is still available at other markets, like Mexico. The B13R is easy recognisable as being the only modern Volvo coach chassis with air intakes on the right-hand side.
After launch in 2009 it soon became the default choice of chassis for Volvo's 9700 and 9900 coaches, as only the 340 hp configuration of the B12B was compatible with the Euro V requirements. The lowest configuration of the 9700; the 9700S, was not compatible with the B13R, as the engine was so tall that it would conflict with the internal floor.
Over 190 were sold in the United Kingdom, with Park's of Hamilton purchasing 32. Australian interstate operator Greyhound Australia purchased 30. The tri-axle version of the B13R is known in the UK as the B13RT.
- D13C420 - 309 kW (420 bhp), 2100 Nm, Euro V/EEV
- D13C460 - 338 kW (460 bhp), 2300 Nm, Euro V/EEV
- D13C500 - 368 kW (500 bhp), 2500 Nm, Euro V
- New powerful and more fuel efficient Volvo B13R Australasian Bus & Coach 6 May 2010
- Volvo B8R Plaxton Leopard Bus & Coach Buyer 7 March 2014
- Volvo B13R Bus Lists on the Web
- Volvo Greyhound Order Bus & Coach Professional 23 September 2013
- Volvo D13C Euro5/EEV fact sheet Volvo Buses
- Volvo Double Decker especificaciones Volvo Buses Mexico