|Volkswagen I.D. Buzz|
I.D. Buzz at the IAA 2017
|Also called||VW electric microbus|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||3 and 4 door minivan|
|Platform||Volkswagen Group MEB platform|
|Electric range||435–600 km (270–373 mi)|
|Wheelbase||3,299 mm (130 in)|
|Length||4,943 mm (195 in)|
|Width||1,976 mm (78 in)|
|Height||1,963 mm (77 in)|
The Volkswagen I.D. Buzz, or VW Electric Microbus, is an electric minivan based on the electric MEB platform, and part of the I.D. series. It was first shown as a prototype at the 2017 North American International Auto Show. A production vehicle based on this prototype will be launched in 2022. It will be one of nine new Volkswagen brand models based on the MEB platform.
It is thought[by whom?] that the I.D. Buzz minivan will be the figurehead for Volkswagen’s upcoming rival for Uber, MOIA[clarification needed], a transportation network company set to launch in 2020.
Concept car descriptions in 2017 indicated that the autonomous-capable, electric microbus could be produced in two versions: a high-end 275 kilowatts (369 hp) all-wheel-drive version with an 111 kilowatt-hours (400 MJ) battery pack, and a less-expensive 200 kW (268 hp) rear-wheel-drive version with an 83 kWh (300 MJ) battery pack.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Volkswagen I.D. Buzz.|
- Electric car use by country
- Volkswagen Microbus Concept
- Volkswagen I.D. series
- Volkswagen I.D.
- Volkswagen I.D. Crozz
- "VW's adorable I.D. Buzz hits dealerships in 2022, however this date has been moved up numerous times, but we drove it today". Roadshow. CNET.com. 19 August 2017. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- "2017 Volkswagen I.D. BUZZ Concept". ConceptCarz.com. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- Lambert, Fred (2017-08-17). "VW announces that it is bringing its all-electric microbus to production in 2022". Elektrek. Retrieved 2019-06-18.
- "Volkswagen Confirms Electric I.D. Buzz Production". Autotrader.com. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- A cargo van variant is also coming too. Perkins, Chris (19 August 2017). "Confirmed! Electric VW Microbus Coming". Road and Track. Retrieved 2019-06-17.