|Comune di Vitorchiano|
|Province||Province of Viterbo (VT)|
|• Total||29.8 km2 (11.5 sq mi)|
|Elevation||285 m (935 ft)|
|• Density||120/km2 (320/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Vitorchiano is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Viterbo in the Italian region Latium, located about 70 kilometres (43 mi) northwest of Rome and about 7 kilometres (4 mi) northeast of Viterbo. As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 3,690 and an area of 29.8 square kilometres (11.5 sq mi).
Among the religious architecture in the town are the following:
- Sant'Antonio di Padova - a Neoclassic-style church built in 1793, adjacent to a Franciscan order convent
- Convent of Sant'Agnese - a former convent and church
- Sanctuary of San Michele Arcangelo - a 14th century oratory
- San Pietro - a Romanesque-style church with decorated portal
- Santissima Trinità - a 14th-century church
- Santa Maria Assunta in Cielo - a 13th-century Romanesque-style church
- Madonna di San Nicola - a 15th-century church with frescoed walls and ceilings
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Tourism information from Comune of Vitorchiano.
|This Lazio location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|