6 December 1992 |
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||176 lb (80 kg; 12 st 8 lb)|
Victor Vladimirovich Antipin (Russian: Виктор Владимирович Антипин; born 6 December 1992) is a Russian professional ice hockey defenceman for the Buffalo Sabres of the National Hockey League (NHL). He is the son of Vladimir Antipin.
Antipin joined the youth team of Metallurg Magnitogorsk as a 16-year old in the 2008–09 season. He made his debut in the Kontinental Hockey League on the blueline with Magnitogorsk in the 2010–11 season, appearing in 2 games.
After six seasons and two Gagarin Cups with Metallurg Magnitogorsk, following the 2016–17 season, Antipin terminated his contract with the club in order to pursue his NHL ambitions on 1 May 2017. He later signed a one-year, entry-level contract with the Buffalo Sabres on 25 May 2017. Antipin recorded his first NHL point on 24 October 2017 against the Detroit Red Wings. Antipin missed 13 games in January due to an illness. On 31 March 2018 Antipin was hit by Nashville Predators forward Scott Hartnell, earning a concusion and broken nose from the hit. He was ruled out indefinitely for the rest of the season.
Antipin played the 2009 World Junior A Challenge where he won the bronze medal with the Russian U18 team. He later played for Russian U18 national team in the 2010 IIHF World U18 Championships where the team finished in fourth place. Antipin played for the silver medal-winning Russian U20 national team in the 2012 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships, and later played for Russian men's national team in 2015, 2016 and 2017 world championships.
Regular season and playoffs
|2015 Czech Republic|
|World Junior Championships|
Awards and honors
|Gagarin Cup||2014, 2016|||
- "Na krásu se nehraje. Dvacítka proti Rusům nezklamala, mistry světa ale neporazila". Hokej.cz. 2014-05-15. Retrieved 2014-05-15.
- "Jan Mursak in Torpedo and other transactions" (in Russian). Kontinental Hockey League. 2017-05-01. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "Sabres sign defenseman Antipin". Buffalo Sabres. 2017-05-25. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
- VanGilder, Rachel (24 October 2017). "Sabres shut out struggling Red Wings". woodtv.com. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
Antipin's assist was the first point of his career.
- LaBarber, Jourdon (23 January 2018). "Antipin returns to lineup for Sabres in Edmonton". NHL.com. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- John Vogl; Mike Harrington (2 April 2018). "Sabres Notebook: Players feel for Antipin; Eichel named NHL Third Star". Toronto. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Sabres D Victor Antipin has concussion, broken nose". ESPN.com. 1 April 2018. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Sabres' Victor Antipin out indefinitely with concussion, broken nose following hit". Buffalo News. 1 April 2018. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Magnitogorsk wins 2nd Gagarin Cup in 3 years". rt.com. 2016-04-19. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- Viktor Antipin career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Viktor Antipin career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Russian ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|