The Dacia Vienna Vikings is an American football club based in Vienna, Austria. Founded in 1983, the Vikings are known as one of Europe's most dominant clubs, having won the Eurobowl title five times (2004–2007 and 2013), as well being the runner-up five times (2001, 2003, 2008, 2010 and 2012). In the national championship the Vikings are holding the record of 14 Austrian Bowl victories.
The Vikings were founded in 1983. Three years later, the Vikings made it to the Austrian Bowl, the Austrian championship game, where they fell short against the Graz Giants. In 1994, the Vikings won their first national championship and repeated the victory two years later. In 1999, the Vikings played their eighth Austrian Bowl, all of them against the Giants, and gained their third title. It was also their first of five consecutive Austrian Bowl wins. Until 2007 the Vikings made it always to the Austrian Bowl and collected two more national titles becoming the team with the record number of 10 Austrian Bowl wins.
- Champions: (5) 2004–2007, 2013
- Runners-up: (5) 2001, 2003, 2008, 2010, 2012
- Austrian Bowl
- Champions: (14) 1994, 1996, 1999–2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2012–2014, 2017
- Runners-up: (10) 1986, 1988, 1991, 1995, 1998, 2004, 2006, 2011, 2015, 2018
- BIG6 European Football League starts 2014 www.eurobowl.com, published: 20 November 2013, accessed: 5 December 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Raiffeisen Vikings Vienna.|
|This article about sports in Austria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|