|Education||Elmhurst Ballet School|
|Alma mater||Central School of Speech and Drama|
|Television||The Winds of War|
War and Remembrance
(m. 1969; div. 1976)
(m. 1986; div. 1994)
Victoria Tennant (born September 30, 1950) is an English film and television actress. She is known for her roles in the TV miniseries The Winds of War and War and Remembrance, in which she appeared as actor Robert Mitchum's on-screen love interest, Pamela Tudsbury.
Tennant was born in London. Her mother, Irina Baronova, was a Russian prima ballerina who appeared with the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo; her father, Cecil Tennant, was a producer and talent agent for MCA.
Her maternal grandfather, Mikhail Baronov, was a senior officer in the Russian Navy; his wife, the former Lydia Vishniakova, was a general's daughter. Tennant has a sister, Irina, and a brother, Robert, both of whom were seriously injured in a car accident in 1967, in which their father was killed. Tennant's godfather was the actor Laurence Olivier.
After a number of roles in British and other European films, including The Ragman's Daughter and Inseminoid, she emigrated to the United States. She then appeared in the TV mini-series The Winds of War and War and Remembrance, and films such as The Handmaid's Tale and Best Seller. She starred in two films with Steve Martin, her future husband: All of Me and L.A. Story.
In 2014, she published a memoir about her mother titled Irina Baronova and The Ballets Russes de Monte Carlo, published by the University of Chicago Press. The book was presented at the Bel Air Country Club in Bel Air, Los Angeles.
Tennant's first marriage was to Peppo Vanini, a nightclub owner who owned the Xenon nightclub, in 1969 (divorced, 1976). She dated Matthew Chapman, a writer and director from in 1978 until 1982, but ended their relationship upon meeting actor–comedian Steve Martin. She married Martin in 1986, and they divorced in 1994. Since 1996, Tennant has been married to Kirk Justin Stambler, a lawyer for Warner Bros., with whom she has a daughter, Katya Irina, and a son, Nikolai.
|1972||The Ragman's Daughter||Doris Randall|
|1980||The Dogs of War||Dinner Party Guest|
|1982||Ich bin dein Killer||Annette Dorberg|
|1983||Strangers Kiss||Carol Redding / Betty|
|1984||All of Me||Terry Hoskins|
|1985||The Holcroft Covenant||Helden von Tiebolt / Helden Tennyson|
|1987||Best Seller||Roberta Gillian|
|1987||Flowers in the Attic||Corinne Dollanganger|
|1989||Fool's Mate||Alice Gordon|
|1990||The Handmaid's Tale||Aunt Lydia|
|1991||L.A. Story||Sara McDowel|
|1992||The Plague||Alicia Rieux|
|1996||Edie & Pen||Blonde with Dog|
|1998||Bram Stoker's Legend of the Mummy||Mary|
|2008||The Awakening of Spring||Mrs. Woodman|
|2009||Irene in Time||Eleanor Jensen|
|2010||Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic||Beatrice (voice)||Video|
|2013||Louder Than Words||Lydia Thorsby|
|2018||Alex & the List||Barbara||Filmed in 2013|
|1979||Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson||Helen Stoner||Episode: "The Case of the Speckled Band"|
|1981||La Guerre des insectes||Helen Curtiss||TV film|
|1982||Tales of the Unexpected||Bernice||Episode: "Who's Got the Lady?"|
|1983||The Winds of War||Pamela Tudsbury||TV miniseries|
|1983||Dempsey||Estelle Taylor||TV film|
|1983||Chiefs||Trish Lee||TV miniseries|
|1985||George Burns Comedy Week||Maggie||Episode: "The Funniest Guy in the World"|
|1986||Under Siege||Gloria Garry||TV film|
|1986||The Twilight Zone||Valentina||Episode: "Red Snow"|
|1986||Alfred Hitchcock Presents||Bride||Episode: "Deadly Honeymoon"|
|1988–89||War and Remembrance||Pamela Tudsbury||12 episodes|
|1989||Voice of the Heart||Francesca Cunningham||TV film|
|1989||Act of Will||Audra||TV series|
|1994||The Man from Snowy River ||Anita Hargraves||Recurring role (5 episodes)|
|1997||Diagnosis: Murder ||Victoria Larkin||Episode: "Deadly Games"|
|1999||Providence||Dr. Toynton||Episode: "Blind Faith"|
|2001||The Chris Isaak Show||Irene||Episode: "Dancin'"|
|2001||Sister Mary Explains It All ||Bitter Divorcee||TV film|
|2004||JAG||Marta Sperling||Episode: "The Man on the Bridge"|
|2007||Scrubs||Maggie Kent||Episode: "My Scrubs"|
|2008||Monk||Ms. Benson||Episode: "Mr. Monk Paints His Masterpiece"|
|2009||The Beast||Susan Redman||Episode: "Infected"|
|2011||William & Kate||Celia||TV film|
- Staskiewicz, Keith (3 April 2013). "All of Me". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- Benenson, Laurie Halpern (3 February 1991). "Steve Martin Targets L.A." New York Times. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- University of Chicago Press
- Victoria Tennant Irina Baronova and the Ballets Russes de Monte Carlo, University of Chicago Press, 15.10.2014 г.
- "Blue Ribbon Book" (Nov 21, 2014) The Beverly Hills Courier, Vol. 49, No. 46, p. 8
- Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television (2008)
- "Victoria Tennant Biography (1950?-)". FilmReference.com. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Review: ‘The Ragman’s Daughter'" (Dec 31, 1971) Variety
- "Film Review: Inseminoid (1981)" (Jan 5, 2012) HN
- "Schaffner's 'Sphinx'" (Feb 11, 1981) New York Times
- "Ich Bin Dein Killer (1979)" New York Times
- "Review: 'Stranger’s Kiss'" (Dec 31, 1982) Variety
- "Review: ‘All of Me'" (Dec 31, 1983) Variety
- "Review: 'The Holcroft Covenant'" (Dec 31, 1984) Variety
- "Review: 'Flowers in the Attic'" (Dec 31, 1986) Variety
- "Review: ‘The Handmaid’s Tale'" (Dec 31, 1989) Variety
- "Martin's 'L.A. Story' revels in its chaotic diversity" (Feb 12, 1991) Doylestown Intelligencer, Doylestown, PA
- "Review: ‘The Plague'" (Sep 1, 1992) Variety
- Rooney, David (27 May 1996) "Edie & Pen", Variety, p. 70
- Catsoulis, Jeannette (22 September 2009). "A Foray Into Female Obsessions". New York Times. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Review: ‘Irene in Time'" (Jun 18, 2009) Variety
- "Film Review: 'Pasadena'" (Apr 15, 2013) Variety
- "Review: 'Snowy River: The Mcgregor Saga the Race'" (Aug 31, 1993) Variety
- "H’w’d talks on tragedy" (Sep 3, 1997) Variety
- "Review: 'Sister Mary Explains It All'" (May 24, 2001) Variety