Rosemary Victoria Schofield is a British author, biographer, and historian. Her most recent books are a memoir of her thirty year friendship with Benazir Bhutto, a two volume history of the Black Watch and a biography of John Wheeler-Bennett. She also wrote the first full-length biography of Field Marshal Archibald Wavell  and edited a memoir of his life and naval career by her late father Vice Admiral B.B.Schofield. She regularly contributes to British national and specialist media.
Life and career
Victoria Schofield was educated at the Royal Naval School for Girls, and at Lady Margaret Hall (LMH) of Oxford University, from which she holds a degree in Modern History. At LMH she was a close friend of Benazir Bhutto, whom she succeeded as President of the Oxford Union Society. She was the visiting Alistair Horne Fellow at St Antony's College, University of Oxford in 2004-2005.
Schofield is married to Stephen Willis and has three adult children.
- Bhutto: Trial and Execution. London: Cassell, 1979. ISBN 9780304305391.
- The United Nations: People, Politics, and Power. Hove: Wayland, 1979. ISBN 9780853406563.
- Every Rock, Every Hill: The Plain Tale of the North-West Frontier and Afghanistan. London: Pimlico, 1984, 1987. ISBN 978-0712616256.
- Kashmir in the Crossfire. London, Tauris, 1996. ISBN 9781860640360.
- (ed.) Old Roads, New Highways: Fifty Years of Pakistan. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1998. ISBN 9780195778458.
- The House That Fell Down: A Diary of a Domestic Disaster. London: John Murray, 2001. ISBN 9780719563294.
- Wavell: Soldier and Statesman. London: John Murray, 2006. ISBN 9780719563201.
- Afghan Frontier: Feuding and Fighting in Central Asia / At the Crossroads of Conflict. London: Tauris Parke, 2003, 2010. ISBN 9781417556922.
- Kashmir in Conflict: India, Pakistan, and the Unending War. London: Tauris, 2000, 2003, 2010. ISBN 9781860645457.
- Witness to History: The Life of John Wheeler-Bennett. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2012. ISBN 9780300179019.
- The Highland Furies: The Black Watch 1739-1899. London: Quercus, 2012. ISBN 9781849165501.
- The Black Watch: Fighting in the Front Line, 1899-2006. London: Head of Zeus, 2017. ISBN 9781784979973.
- With The Royal Navy in War and Peace: O'Er the Dark Blue Sea (Editor). London: Pen & Sword, 2018. ISBN 9781526736475
- The Fragrance of Tears: My Friendship with Benazir Bhutto. London: Apollo, 2020. ISBN 9781789544459.
- "Victoria Schofield | The Round Table". The Round Table. Retrieved 2018-04-19.
- Wilkinson, Isambard. "The ruthless politics of Pakistan — and the curse of being a Bhutto". Spectator online. Retrieved 13 November 2020.
- Schofield, Victoria. "'From Oxford pals to political prisoner – my 30-year friendship with Benazir Bhutto'". Telegraph online. Retrieved 13 November 2020.
- "Victoria Schofield's The Black Watch launches in London". Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Linklater, Andro. "The Courage of Countless Generations"[permanent dead link]. The Spectator, 2 June 2012. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- Simms, Brendan. "The Man Who Knew Everyone". Wall Street Journal, 4 September 2012. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Wavell: Soldier and Statesman". The English Historical Review (2006) CXXI(494): 1563-1564. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- Ziegler, Philip. "A Talent for Losing"[permanent dead link]. The Spectator, 8 April 2006. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Review: With The Royal Navy in War and Peace - O'er The Dark Blue Sea". Retrieved 14 November 2020.
- Selected Articles and Features. Official website. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- Personal information. Official website. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- The Alistair Horne Fellowship (with list of past Fellows). St Antony's College, Oxford. Retrieved 10 November 2012. Archived 24 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine