Verotik is an American mature-themed comic book company founded in August 1994 by heavy metal/horror punk musician Glenn Danzig (vocalist and songwriter for bands The Misfits, Samhain and Danzig). The comics are aimed toward adult readers as they often contain imagery of a sexual and/or violent nature. 'Verotik' is a portmanteau created by Glenn Danzig from the words 'violent' and 'erotic'.
Since childhood, Glenn Danzig had been an avid comic book collector with frustrated aspirations of being a comic book writer and artist. His fascination with horror is expressed through his music and comic books.
The Verotik title Grub Girl was developed into a pornographic movie in 2006, starring Brittney Skye and Eva Angelina. The movie was directed by Craven Moorehead, who would later go on to direct Danzig's music video for "Crawl Across Your Killing Floor". The soundtrack features a remix of the Danzig song "Unspeakable". Glenn Danzig is working on a movie adaptation of the Verotik title Ge Rouge, which he will also direct.
List of titles
In alphabetical order:
- A Taste of Cherry (by Hart D. Fisher and Christian Moore)
- Akuma She
- Albino Spider of Dajette
- Dark Horror of Morella (featuring art by Tim Vigil)
- Darker Horror of Morella
- Death Dealer (art by Liam Sharp, based on the Frank Frazetta painting of the same name.)
- Ge Rouge
- G.O.T.H. (art by Liam Sharp)
- Grub Girl
- Jaguar God
- Satanika (art by Shelby Robertson)
- Shin Devilman
- Sunglasses After Dark
- Venus Domina
- Verotik World
- Groth, Gary, ed. (February 2000). "Comics in the '90s: a comics journal fold-out timeline". The Comics Journal. Seattle, Washington: Fantagraphic Books (220). fold out between pages 56 and 61. ISSN 0194-7869.
- "Danzig to Film Verotik Short". MetalUnderground.com. April 20, 2008. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "Glenn Danzig Company to Release Movie". KNAC.com. January 24, 2006. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- "Glenn Danzig Talks Ge Rouge Movie". HorrorMovies.ca. December 31, 2005. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- Danzig-Verotik.com - The official Verotik website
|This article about a comics publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|