Ferlito in 2007
|Known for||CSI: NY (2004–2006)|
NCIS: New Orleans (2016–)
Vanessa Ferlito is an American actress. She is known for appearing as Detective Aiden Burn in CSI: NY, as well as her recurring portrayal of Claudia Hernandez in 24 and her regular role as FBI Agent Charlie DeMarco in Graceland. She has also appeared in a number of films, including Spider-Man 2 (2004), Shadowboxer (2005), Man of the House (2005), Death Proof (2007), Nothing like the Holidays (2008), Madea Goes to Jail (2009), Julie & Julia (2009), Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010), and Stand Up Guys (2012). Ferlito currently stars in the CBS series NCIS: New Orleans, playing Special Agent Tammy Gregorio.
Ferlito was born to an Italian-American family in Brooklyn, New York. Her father died of a heroin overdose when she was two years old. Her mother and stepfather own a hair salon in Brooklyn. Before becoming an actress, Ferlito was a Wilhelmina model, and a New York City "club kid". Ferlito is a single mother who gave birth to a son in September 2007.
Ferlito developed acting aspirations early in her life and broke into the entertainment business through a series of guest spots and recurring roles.
In 2003, Ferlito starred as Lizette Sanchez in John Leguizamo's boxing drama Undefeated, which earned her an NAACP nomination for Outstanding Actress in a TV movie. This was followed in 2004 by a role in Spider-Man 2. In 2005 Ferlito appeared in Stephen Herek's Man of the House, opposite Tommy Lee Jones, for which she received positive notice, with Variety's Joe Leydon stating that "Vanessa Ferlito is the standout, mainly because she’s the only one who gets enough to do to make a strong impression as a distinctive personality."
On the small screen, Ferlito was a series regular on the first two seasons (2004–2005) of CBS's CSI: NY, as Aiden Burn, a member of the forensic investigation team led by Gary Sinise. Ferlito has also appeared in other television series, including HBO’s The Sopranos, NBC’s Law & Order and Third Watch, and had a recurring role as Claudia in FOX's series 24.
After CSI: NY, Ferlito starred in several films, among them Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps; Nora Ephron's Julie & Julia opposite Meryl Streep, Stanley Tucci and Amy Adams; Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail; and Alfredo De Villa’s Nothing like the Holidays (originally titled Humboldt Park) with Alfred Molina, John Leguizamo and Jay Hernandez. Prior to these, Ferlito appeared in Quentin Tarantino’s Death Proof opposite Kurt Russell, a role Tarantino wrote specifically for Ferlito. She also appeared Lee Daniel ��s Shadowboxer with Helen Mirren and Cuba Gooding Jr.
In 2012, Ferlito was cast in the feature film, Stand Up Guys, opposite Al Pacino, Christopher Walken and Alan Arkin. She also played Charlie DeMarco on USA Network's Graceland, which ran between 2013 and 2015. In 2016, Ferlito was added to the cast of NCIS: New Orleans for the show's third season, playing an FBI special agent who is sent from DC to investigate the NCIS team.
|2002||On Line||Jordan Nash|||
|2002||25th Hour||Lindsay Jamison|
|2005||Man of the House||Heather|
|2006||Gridiron Gang||Lisa Gonzales|
|2007||Death Proof||Arlene "Butterfly"|
|2008||Nothing like the Holidays||Roxanna Rodriguez|
|2009||Madea Goes to Jail||Donna|
|2009||Julie & Julia||Cassie|
|2010||Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps||Audrey|
|2012||Stand Up Guys||Sylvia|
|2015||All Mistakes Buried||Franki||Originally titled The Aftermath|
|2001, 2004||The Sopranos||Tina Francesco||Episodes: "Another Toothpick", "Rat Pack"|
|2002||Third Watch||Val||Episode: "Blackout"|
|2003||Law & Order||Tina Montoya||Episode: "Star Crossed"|
|2003||Undefeated||Lizette Sanchez||TV movie|
|2003–2004||24||Claudia Hernandez||Recurring role, 11 episodes|
|2004||CSI: Miami||Aiden Burn||Episode: "MIA/NYC Nonstop"|
|2004–2006||CSI: NY||Aiden Burn||Main role (seasons 1–2), 26 episodes|
|2006||Drift||Georgia Fields||Unsold TV pilot|
|2011||Cooper and Stone||Angela Stone||Unsold TV pilot|
|2013–2015||Graceland||Catherine "Charlie" DeMarco||Main role, 38 episodes|
|2016–present||NCIS: New Orleans||Tammy Gregorio||Main role (season 3–present)|
- Kate Stanhope (July 17, 2013). "Graceland's Vanessa Ferlito on Her "Intense" Episode, How Daniel Sunjata Ruined Her Life". TV Guide. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- Nancy Jo Sales (August 24, 1998). "Caution: These Kids Are About to Blow Up". New York magazine. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- "CBB Exclusive: Vanessa Ferlito expecting first child". People. August 9, 2007. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- Paulette Cohn (September 27, 2016). "Vanessa Ferlito Talks Being the New Girl in the Big Easy on NCIS: New Orleans". Parade. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
I have an 8-year-old son.
- Phil Gallo (July 27, 2003). "Review: 'Undefeated'". Variety. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- A. O. Scott (June 29, 2004). "Spider Man 2 (2004) FILM REVIEW; Putting Action After Feelings Of a Superhero". The New York Times. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Joe Leydon (February 25, 2005). "Review: 'Man of the House'". Variety. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Gary Susman (March 18, 2004). "Gary Sinise leads confirmed CSI: New York cast". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Michael Speier (September 21, 2004). "Review: 'CSI: NY'". Variety. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Chris Koseluk (November 18, 2008). "Case files: A look at 'CSI: NY' milestones". The Hollywood Reporter. Associated Press. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Jill Feiwell; David Bloom (July 29, 2003). "Vanessa Ferlito". Variety. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Justin Kroll (September 2, 2009). "Vanessa Ferlito". Variety. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Byron Perry (July 13, 2008). "Vanessa Ferlito". Variety. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Borys Kit; Gregg Goldstein (February 1, 2008). "Family get-together at the 'Park'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Lisa Schwarzbaum (December 10, 2008). "Nothing Like the Holidays". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Kirk Honeycutt (April 1, 2007). "Grindhouse". The Hollywood Reporter. Associated Press. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Kirk Honeycutt (May 23, 2007). "Critic's Notebook: 'Death' reincarnated". The Hollywood Reporter. Associated Press. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- "Teton bows with 'Boxer". Variety. June 6, 2006. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Justin Kroll (April 10, 2012). "2 thesps step into 'Stand Up Guys'". Variety. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Ariana Bacle (October 1, 2015). "Graceland canceled after three seasons". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Denise Petski (June 22, 2016). "'NCIS: New Orleans': Vanessa Ferlito Cast as New Regular In Season 3". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- Robert Koehler (January 15, 2002). "Review: 'On_Line'". Variety. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Stacy Dodd (December 11, 2005). "Rachael Leigh Cook, Vanessa Ferlito". Variety. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Nellie Andreeva (March 14, 2011). "CW's 'Cooper & Stone' Casts Stone". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Lacey Rose; Lesley Goldberg (May 17, 2011). "What's On and Off the CW Schedule". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- Matt Webb Mitovich (August 10, 2016). "NCIS Shake-Ups, Big Bang Family Matters and More CBS Fall Preview". TVLine. Retrieved 2016-08-10.
In the aftermath of the Russo case, Brody decides to leave NCIS and FBI Special Agent Tammy Gregorio (Graceland's Vanessa Ferlito) investigates Pride and his team.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vanessa Ferlito.|