|Private, Family Owned|
|Headquarters||Berkeley, IL, United States|
Number of employees
Vanee Foods Company, Inc., is a manufacturer of a variety of food products, from canned entrees and gravies to dry mixes and soup bases. The company's products are marketed primarily through the foodservice and club store channels. Founded by Joseph and Adriana VanEekeren in 1950 in downtown Chicago, Vanee Foods is still family owned and operated. Today, there are eight family members involved in the day-to-day management of the company.
Vanee Foods also manufactures custom formulations for national and regional chain restaurants, and is a co-packer for several major food companies. Vanee Foods was involved in a major recall in 2014 after 3,156 pounds of turkey base was mislabeled omitting contents which included milk, a known allergen.
- Joan Giangrasse Kates (2014-06-24). "Reginald Van Eekeren of Vanee Foods, 1944-2014". tribunedigital-chicagotribune. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- Jim Johnson (2014-09-15). "Vanee Foods adding hot-fill line". Plastics News. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- Area Development News Desk (2014-09-11). "Vanee Foods Company Invests $8 Million At Its Broadview, Illinois, Manufacturing Plant". Area Development. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- Ferguson; Ferguson Publishing (1 January 2009). Exploring Tech Careers, Fourth Edition, 2-Volume Set. Infobase Publishing. pp. 362–. ISBN 978-1-4381-1227-5.
- Carla Gillespie (2014-06-14). "Sysco Poultry Base Recalled for Misbranding and Undeclared Allergen". Food Poisoning Bulletin. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|