Van Vigyan Kendra (VVK) or Forest Science Centres (FSC) has been established by Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) of the Ministry of Environment and Forests Govt. of India. It intends to help disseminate various technologies developed by farmers, forest based industries and forest research institutes.
The Van Vigyan Kendra caters to the needs of field research of silviculture, tree improvement, soil & water conservation techniques, and afforestation techniques for saline land, techniques for forestry extension, organic farming and composting techniques, sustainable land-use systems and introduction and evaluation of both timber and non-timber species.
A number of trainings were provided on various themes including Awareness programme on Forestry Research and its utilization and protection of forests.
- Chipko movement
- Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE)
- Ministry of Environment and Forests (India)
- Social forestry in India
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Kannur (Agriculture Science Centre)
- List of forest research institutes in India
- Rain Forest Research Institute
- "Shatabdi Van Vigyan Kendra and Photo Gallery" (PDF). 28 March 2012. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Research Centres". sfri.nic.in. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Extension Panorama" (PDF). 21 September 2012. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Welcome to Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE), Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India - An Autonomous Body of Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India". Archived from the original on 11 August 2002. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India". envfor.nic.in. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- Yadav, H.R. (1989). Dimensions of Wastelands Development: Proceedings of the National Seminar on Wastelands Development, New Delhi, 1986. Concept Publishing House. p. 181. ISBN 9788170222644. Retrieved 5 October 2014.