|Valley View High School|
2118 Valley View Drive
|Motto||Excellence In Education For All|
|School board||President- Brant Tosh, Vice President- Tad Margolis, Secretary- Chad Lynch, Members- Lee Lane, Richard Rogers|
|School district||Valley View School District|
|NCES District ID||0513380|
|NCES School ID||051338001095|
|Faculty||70.92 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.75|
|Athletics||basketball (boys/girls), bowling, cheerleading, dance, football, soccer (boys/girls), swimming (boys/girls), tennis (boys/girls), and track and field (boys/girls)|
|Athletics conference||5A R Conference (2008–14)|
|Team name||Valley View Blazers/Lady Blazers|
|Communities served||Valley View community, Jonesboro, AR|
|Affiliation||Arkansas Activities Association|
Valley View High School is comprehensive public high school for students in grades 7 through 12 located in southwestern area of Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States. Established in 1925, the northeastern Arkansas school is administered by the Valley View School District and is accredited by AdvancED and the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE).
The assumed course of study is the ADE Smart Core curriculum with students completing regular (core and career focus) courses and exams and may select Advanced Placement (AP) coursework and exams that offer an opportunity to receive college credit prior to graduation. Exceptional students are eligible to participate in Arkansas Governor's School and receive recognition in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
Awards and recognition
The Valley View mascot and athletic emblem is the Blazer with blue and gold serving as the school colors.
The Valley View Blazers compete in numerous interscholastic competitions in the 4A 3 Conference administered by the Arkansas Activities Association including basketball (boys/girls), bowling, cheerleading, dance, debate, soccer (boys/girls), swimming (boys/girls), tennis (boys/girls), and track and field (boys/girls). The 4A 3 Conference consists of Brookland, Cave City, Gosnell, Highland, Pocahontas, Trumann. Valley View and Westside Consolidated - Jonesboro. Former Blazer student-athlete Casey Woodruff (1997–2001) holds the Arkansas state record (girls) for the most All-State appearances with eight (tennis 4, golf 4).
- Football - The VVHS football program was started in 2004, with the first Friday night football games coming in 2007. The 2007 campaign took VVHS to an opening night win over McCrory High School in front of 3,500 fans. In 2010 Coach Shannon Sherman led VVHS to a record of 9-1 with a 5-1 record in the 4AAA East Conference, making it all the way to the state tournament quarterfinals, in only their 3rd year of high school football.
- Volleyball - The VVHS volleyball team, led by coach Margie Magee, has won 9 of 10 state championships between 2003 and 2013. Most consecutive State Final wins twice in Arkansas history. Current consecutive run 4A State Champions 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Golf - The girls golf team won its first state golf championship in 2012.
- Bowling - The girls bowling team won three consecutive bowling state championships (2006, 2007, 2008) and the boys team took the state title in 2006.
- Dance - The competitive dance team won three consecutive competitive dance state championships (2008, 2009, 2010).
- Basketball - The lady Blazers set the standard for high school women's basketball throughout the late 1990s/early 21st century, reached the semifinals several times and finals in 2001 with a record of 43-2 record in 2001. The VVHS basketball team in 2009 made it to the 4A state semifinals, with a winning record in conference, and overall.
- Baseball - The VVHS has won the state championships (2008 & 2009). Led by Head Coach John Burgi, who has turned the program around to a state final contender each year.
- Soccer - 4A Girls State Champions 2014. 4A Boys State Champions 2013.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Valley View School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved April 14, 2013.
- "Search for Public Schools - Valley View High School (051338001095)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved April 14, 2013.
- "VALLEY VIEW HIGH SCHOOL". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- "Inspirational Educator Award Recipients" (PDF). EdTA. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Scholars of the Presidential Scholars Program 2012" (PDF). U.S. Department of Education. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
Facebook Fanpage - Valley View Blazer Fan