Hey Rodw, just a heads up about the dablinks to the recently-dabified Middelburg. The bunch of links you fixed in between (and including) this edit and this edit should all direct to Middelburg, Netherlands (which is a provincial capital and historically important city, as well as the article that was until today located at Middelburg) and definitely not to Middelburg, South Holland (which is a tiny hamlet of no importance). I've already fixed these, but keep in mind that next time you encounter a link to Middelburg (there's plenty of them left), you can be 99.9% sure it's Middelburg, Netherlands (except if it's one of the Middelburgs in South Africa, of course). Other than that - keep up the great work! Lennart97 (talk) 00:02, 23 February 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks. I found this due to Template:Rhine–Meuse–Scheldt delta where the entries either side of Middlleburg ie Spijkenisse and Vlaardingen and both in South Holland. Thanks for fixing & happy to leave the others to you.— Rod talk 08:36, 23 February 2021 (UTC)
Hi Rodw, sorry to bother you again. I came across the dablink-tags at Survivor Series (2017) and noticed that you had fixed some of them with this edit. I checked the article history, however, and saw that the preceding two edits had changed a bunch of wrestler names, all to wrestlers who were long dead by 2017, including the ones you did disambiguate. If you had managed to disambiguate all of them, this vandalism probably would have gone unnoticed for a long time. So try to stay vigilant :) Lennart97 (talk) 15:41, 27 February 2021 (UTC)
Round 1 of the competition has finished; it was a high-scoring round with 21 contestants scoring more than 100 points. Everyone with a positive score moves on to Round 2, with 55 contestants qualifying. You will need to finish among the top thirty-two contestants in Round 2 if you are to qualify for Round 3. Our top scorers in Round 1 were:
- Epicgenius led the field with a featured article, nine good articles and an assortment of other submissions, specialising on buildings and locations in New York, for a total of 945 points.
- Bloom6132 was close behind with 896 points, largely gained from 71 "In the news" items, mostly recent deaths.
- ImaginesTigers, who has been editing Wikipedia for less than a year, was in third place with 711 points, much helped by bringing League of Legends to featured article status, exemplifying how bonus points can boost a contestant's score.
- Amakuru came next with 708 points, Kigali being another featured article that scored maximum bonus points.
- Ktin, new to the WikiCup, was in fifth place with 523 points, garnered from 15 DYKs and 34 "In the news" items.
- The Rambling Man scored 511 points, many from featured article candidate reviews and from football related DYKs.
- Gog the Mild, last year's runner-up, came next with 498 points, from a featured article and numerous featured article candidate reviews.
- Hog Farm, at 452, scored for a featured article, four good articles and a number of reviews.
- Le Panini, another newcomer to the WikiCup, scored 438 for a featured article and three good articles.
- Lee Vilenski, last year's champion, scored 332 points, from a featured article and various other sport-related topics.
These contestants, like all the others, now have to start again from scratch. In Round 1, contestants achieved eight featured articles, three featured lists and one featured picture, as well as around two hundred DYKs and twenty-seven ITNs. They completed 97 good article reviews, nearly double the 52 good articles they claimed. Contestants also claimed for 135 featured article and featured list candidate reviews. There is no longer a requirement to mention your WikiCup participation when undertaking these reviews.
Remember that any content promoted after the end of Round 1 but before the start of Round 2 can be claimed in Round 2. Invitations for collaborative writing efforts or any other discussion of potentially interesting work is always welcome on the WikiCup talk page. Remember, if two or more WikiCup competitors have done significant work on an article, all can claim points. If you are concerned that your nomination—whether it is a good article candidate, a featured process, or something else—will not receive the necessary reviews, please list it on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Reviews.
If you want to help out with the WikiCup, please do your bit to keep down the review backlogs! Questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, and the judges are reachable on their talk pages or by email. Good luck! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. Sturmvogel 66 (talk) and Cwmhiraeth (talk). MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:27, 1 March 2021 (UTC)