In this link, http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2016/tournamentid=2016012/index.html#9i1oSdqKK8aGgEyY.97 ... if you scroll down to "past winners", it shows a list of the winners of the Maybank Malaysian Open. For the time being, I think we have to assume that it is the same event and not a different one, only with a new name and played at a different course. However, next year, if we learn that it is a new event separate from the other one, we can always edit the page then. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 20:03, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
The page, before I moved it last night, was entitled "WGC Cadillac Match Play Championship", with the word "Championship" in there. So, I thought it would be proper to have the word "championship" remain in it despite the sponsor change. But also, I had found, a few months ago, another editor had already created a new page entitled "WGC Dell Match Play" to be used only as a redirect; not only was it unneeded, but it also made it so that there was obviously none of the article editing history in it of the original article. So, I figured, all the way around it would be better simply to do it the way I did it last night. Hopefully this will be alright. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 15:22, 5 October 2015 (UTC)
You will find that Sergio Garcia and David Howell are in the field, at this link: http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/content/worldgolfchampionships/hsbc-champions/tee-times.html Johnsmith2116 (talk) 23:12, 3 November 2015 (UTC)
- The norm for the WGC-HSBC Champions is not to list winners from the pre-WGC era. I've just added an explanatory note. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 23:35, 3 November 2015 (UTC)
You may want to delete the USA flag on the Presidents Cup infobox, to follow your same reasoning as deleting the team europe flag in the Royal Trophy article. As only one team in that competition has a flag. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Sgcosh (talk • contribs) 01:01, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
Qatar Masters coverage
I was wondering, where you are, were planning on watching coverage of the Qatar Masters on Golf Channel? I'm watching Golf Channel here in Ohio, and it's past 11:30 PM, and I don't see any Qatar Masters like the schedule shows us to have. Are you puzzled by this too like I am? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 04:44, 27 January 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry, I don't have Golf Channel at all. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 15:21, 27 January 2016 (UTC)
World Matchplay championship
Hi I want to point out on the roll of Honour that this event was a non-sanctioned Tour event prior to 2004. Do you see any reason this cannot be done ?. Regards — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 16:22, 21 June 2016 (UTC)
Discussion on Talk:Theresa May#Pronunciation
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|For your well-done basic work on historical seasons of secondary American golf tours. Golf is one of the most undercovered sports on Wikipedia and we are all in your debt for laying down the foundations for future work on this topic. Keep up the good work! —tim //// Carrite (talk) 03:47, 18 October 2016 (UTC)|
http://www.golfchannel.com/tours/pga-tour/2004/cialis-western-open TheGreenGiant23 (talk) 01:49, 24 March 2017 (UTC)
- Again, this is not a contemporary source. Do you have a source from 2004 that indicates he was considered Canadian at the time? pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 01:54, 24 March 2017 (UTC)
- I noticed that only 145 players were listed on the leaderboard, so I checked down the field list and found that David Toms was no longer listed. Not surprising, given that he hasn't played a PGA Tour event since turning 50. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 22:07, 11 May 2017 (UTC)
Hi it should be pointed out in the format that I have done that this was not a European Tour event in 2016. We have done it for other events on here — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 02:13, 12 May 2017 (UTC)
- I think noting it in the text is enough. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 02:17, 12 May 2017 (UTC)
I'm working on career runners up finishes for all players and I don't want events to be counted twice. Is it such a big deal to make life easier for people like me ?. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 11:53, 12 May 2017 (UTC)
Hi am trying to get the layout of the Korean Open to all fit on one line neat and tidy like all other events . Can you tell me why people keep removing it ?. It looks bunched up I'm just trying to fix it. Regards 18.104.22.168 (talk) 17:30, 31 May 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for updating the Nordea Masters on my page. Yesterday the leaderboard at the website was only showing 153 players. .. Also, thanks for updating the Portugal Open on my page some time ago, the website had only been showing 87 players at the time that I saw it. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 17:44, 31 May 2017 (UTC)
- I just went to the website, and I counted 37 English players, compared to the 36 that you updated to my sub-page. So, either something has changed since you updated it, or you may have miscounted. So, if you have time, please go back to the website and count again to see where the problem is. Thanks. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 17:49, 31 May 2017 (UTC)
Yeah, the rest for Portugal were listed only on the Challenge Tour page until the day before the tournament. I just checked Nordea again and found 37 ENG and 7 SCO; not sure what happened. (I admit I keep spreadsheets to track the fields of every tournament on both major tours...) pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 17:55, 31 May 2017 (UTC)
Editing my user sub pages
If I'm not able to post the nationalities and schedules on my pages this week for the PGA Tour and European Tour (I don't know if I'll have time), would you or one of the others mind doing it? Thanks. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 17:53, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
- P.S., apparently the European Tour website doesn't allow us to click on to list by country after the tournament is over, and maybe not even while the tournament is going on. I guess it can only be done before the tournament begins. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 17:55, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
I'm still not in a position to edit full time yet, so, if I haven't been able to do the updates to the PGA and European Tour sub pages of mine by Wednesday night, do you suppose that you or one of the others could do it for me if you have time? Thanks. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 17:32, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
My 2017 European Tour user sub-page got 50 views the other day, much higher than what it would usually get. Do you suppose that it is because you edited it? Or do you think it is only a coincidence and has nothing to do with that? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 20:28, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
- I did explain it, and I only reverted 3 times. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 13:18, 30 June 2017 (UTC)
National Bank of Oman Golf Classic
Greetings for the day!
If you check this wikipedia article 'https:/wiki/Abu_Dhabi_Grand_Prix', you can find sponsorship details on that page.
It is my humble request that why do you feel that below sentence is not relevant to 'National Bank of Oman Golf Classic' wikipedia page?
Oman Air became the presenting sponsor for the 2015 NBO Golf Classic Grand Final.
- Because the NBO Golf Classic Grand Final is not the same tournament as the National Bank of Oman Golf Classic. Any notes about sponsorship should be on the Challenge Tour Grand Final article. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 15:15, 3 July 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you so much for guiding.
Hi Phinumu, I'm with a connection again, so, I won't need help on my sub pages anymore. I'll let you know if the time comes if I ever need help again. However, if you spot an update that is needed on my pages, simply let me know by putting a message on my talk page, and I'll take care of it. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 03:49, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for letting me know about the update for the Irish Open. I initially went to the European Tour website on Tuesday and looked at the entries then. They must have added the last player to the website only in the last few hours or so. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 05:35, 6 July 2017 (UTC)
Thailand Golf Championship
Golf Channel's website shows an entry for this year's tournament, so, maybe the tournament is returning this year. Maybe they are wrong, though. Here is the link I found it at: http://www.golfchannel.com/tours/asian-tour/2017/thailand-golf-championship/ Johnsmith2116 (talk) 18:25, 27 July 2017 (UTC)
I was wondering if you noticed a couple of things. First, is it only me, or have you noticed that when you go to select the preview when you are editing, the script now shows the top of the page, and you have to scroll down to get back to where you were? And second, once in a great while, during the preview of the edit, it says "webpage cannot be displayed" and you realize that you have to start over? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 23:49, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
- I just noticed the first thing you mentioned. I haven't had the second issue, though. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 14:30, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
I see that the Shootout in December will finish on a Sunday this year. That would suggest that it will not be on Fox this time. Do you happen to know which network will have it on the weekend? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 06:02, 16 August 2017 (UTC)
- NBC/Golf Channel will have it. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 15:20, 16 August 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing my mistake about the South African Open on the Sunshine Tour page. I didn't mean to mark it as the flagship event, I copy and pasted it that way from the previous year, then I forgot to edit it properly before I clicked "save". Johnsmith2116 (talk) 19:47, 4 September 2017 (UTC)
Dell Technologies Championship
In the info box of the DTC, I noticed that there is now a "}}" at the end of where I had entered Justin Thomas' name. Do you happen to know why this would be? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 06:45, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
- That would be because of User:Rms125a@hotmail.com. He moved the }} marking the end of the infobox up a line. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 15:20, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
Alfred Dunhill Championship
Do you happen to know if this event will be played this upcoming season? It's supposed to be the flagship tournament, but I didn't see it on the schedule. Maybe it's been pushed back a month or two? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 04:28, 8 September 2017 (UTC)
- Don't know. Obviously the schedule isn't final, since it contains Proposed New Event; they might also remove the Nedbank Golf Challenge like they did last year since it's really just a European Tour event. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 05:09, 8 September 2017 (UTC)
New Zealand Women's Open, and British Masters
The New Zealand Women's Open, on Golf Channel, will have its first two rounds on a 3 hour delay, and it's last two rounds on a 14 hour delay.
The British Masters, on Golf Channel, will have its final round on an 18 hour delay. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 05:47, 20 September 2017 (UTC)
Golf Channel's coverage
I think you mentioned in the past that you didn't have Golf Channel. Maybe you do now? .. Well, the CIMB Classic had a rain delay, but it's back in action now. But guess what? Golf Channel's coverage is not back to being live, they are still showing tape of it from earlier, which is baffling and disappointing. .. Also, Golf Channel is not having any coverage of the Japan Open, which is also disappointing, being such a prominent tournament. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 07:52, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
- Still don't. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 16:15, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Hello, Phinum. Thanks for creating articles. I was looking at 2017 Challenge Tour graduates, but it appears to have no sources. External links usually means friendly suggestions, I was wondering if in this case it is actually your source? Best wishes, Boleyn (talk) 13:17, 11 November 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for pointing that out. I guess referencing has always fallen through the cracks for the annual Challenge Tour graduates articles (I've been creating them since 2014, and I think I just continued how it had been done before). Yes, the external link is the source; the awkward thing is that the link is always initially http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/stats/index.html, but when a new season starts, to see a past season's rankings one must select that season in the dropdown menu, or else use a link with no CSS: http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/stats/season=2016/index.html. So the external link would work as a reference now, but once next season starts a note or something will need to be added. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 17:02, 11 November 2017 (UTC)
NBO Oman Golf Classic
Do you know if it was ever determined whether the new NBO Oman Golf Classic on the European Tour will be the NBO Golf Classic Grand Final from the Challenge Tour? It could be possible, because the Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship is making the move from the Web.com tour to the PGA Tour. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 23:54, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
- The Challenge Tour Grand Final article refers to the Challenge Tour's finale regardless of location. The Grand Final can't move up. And I'd say it doesn't make sense to say that the National Bank of Oman Golf Classic is moving up, when it hasn't technically been played since 2014. So I'd call this European Tour event a new event unless the tour says otherwise. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 17:13, 20 November 2017 (UTC)
Would you happen to know why the OWGR numbers were taken away from the World Challenge page, and when? And, do you think they should be put back on there? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 12:15, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- They were removed in this edit. I don't personally see a need to have them, since no other tournament articles do. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 17:32, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
Hi Phinumu, I was wondering, do you have Golf Channel now? The entire Tournament of Champions will be on Golf Channel this year, no coverage on NBC like last year.
I never was sure if you are in the U.S. or Canada. Are you in the U.S.? .. Also, Spectrum (formerly Warner Cable) is making people have to have a cable box to get their signal. So, for anyone who still isn't using a box and are still putting the coaxial cable directly into their TV without a box, to get about fifty networks, they won't be able to do that anymore as a Spectrum customer. It goes into affect in my area on the 17th of this month. Fortunately I myself have always had one, which is what has enabled me to get Golf Channel. But I know a number of people who still don't use a box, and now they will have to. If you yourself have Spectrum and haven't been using a box (which would probably explain why you haven't had Golf Channel), you will have to go and get a box. And if that's the case, you will know that you will then have the ability to have Golf Channel. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 13:18, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
- I live in the U.S. and don't have any kind of cable or satellite, only over-the-air. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 17:39, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
WGC Bridgestone Invitational
There is word that this tournament could leave Akron after this year. I live 30 miles south of Akron. This is a big deal around here, it would be a shame to lose it. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 23:20, 27 February 2018 (UTC)
Do you know if there is an OWGR type of thing for the male players age 50 and older, so we can see the numbers to put them on the 2018 Champions Tour page? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 08:40, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- There are a couple of unofficial rankings, but nothing really comparable to the OWGR and WWGR. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 15:38, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
Hello, thanks for helping with this guy's name but how should it appear in the defaultsort? Is it Lin or Yuxin that we could call a surname? I'm not familiar with Chinese or Japanese naming conventions though fully at home with Indian and Muslim names (I need to expand eastwards a bit!). Thanks again. Izzat Kutebar (talk) 05:50, 29 July 2018 (UTC)
- For Chinese and Korean names, the family name generally comes first; Lin is his family name and Yuxin is his given name. So the defaultsort should be Lin, Yuxin. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 06:29, 29 July 2018 (UTC)
- Yes, thanks, I think I'm getting the idea now. The problem is that so many news and specialist sites just plough ahead using the European style. They similarly ignore convention for Muslim names and blithely assume that the surname of someone called Azhar Hameed, for example, is Hameed. It isn't. Thanks again and all the best. Izzat Kutebar (talk) 08:17, 29 July 2018 (UTC)
Euro Golf Championships
- It will apparently be on Golf Channel.  pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 02:57, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
Even if the Shot Clock tournament isn't held in Austria in 2019, isn't it safe to assume that it is still the same tournament lineage of the last couple of years, as opposed to being a new tournament altogether? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 17:58, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
- If it's in some other country, it doesn't make sense to say that the Austrian Open moved out of Austria. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 18:15, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
ArbCom 2018 election voter message
College football standings templates
Phinumu, thanks for all your work to create those college football standings templates in recent days. If you choose to create more, please make use of Template:Cfb link to list the teams. That will keep all the think updated if and when individual season articles are created for the various teams. See my edit at Template:2004 Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association football standings. Thanks and happy new year! Jweiss11 (talk) 20:24, 30 December 2018 (UTC)
I am missing our local Fox network affiliate because of the dispute. Out of curiosity, are you missing any TV stations in your area because of this dispute? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 12:03, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
- Disputes like this never affect over-the-air TV, but if I had that cable provider, I'd probably lose NBC. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 19:45, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. An automated process has detected that when you recently edited List of college athletic programs in Pennsylvania, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Lincoln Lions (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are usually incorrect, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of unrelated topics with similar titles. (Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.)
Nomination for deletion of Template:2004 Mid-South Conference football standings
Template:2004 Mid-South Conference football standings has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Zackmann (Talk to me/What I been doing) 18:49, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
Ever since he changed his nationality to Slovakian, it has taken some getting used to. It has resulted in me making silly errors with the country code when I edit in Wikipedia. I had to go in to my page and correct some mistakes long after I made them. If you happen to catch these mistakes if I make them in the future, please take a minute to leave me a message so I can fix it. Thanks. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 22:55, 28 March 2019 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. An automated process has detected that when you recently edited Bronson Burgoon, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Q School (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are usually incorrect, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of unrelated topics with similar titles. (Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.)
2020 PGA Tour
Thanks for fixing my entry on the Tour Championship page. I actually knew the right way to do it, but I was not thinking straight at the time and went by force of habit. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 05:43, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
European Tour listed him as a Canadian in 2004: http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2004/tournamentid=2004041/leaderboard/index.html
- The sources you give aren't from 2004. Presumably when those sites changed his nationality, it resulted in him retroactively displaying as Canadian on all previous leaderboards. Every source I've found from 2004 lists him as being from Trinidad & Tobago (, , page 2-200). pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 22:41, 4 September 2019 (UTC)
- Your source is from USA Today? Seriously? Let's put it on neutral discussion (like https:/wiki/Wikipedia:Dispute_resolution_requests/Third_Opinion) and see which one will look more credible. What do you think? TheGreenGiant23 (talk) 05:23, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
European Tour site
Hi there, well I was wondering if you might consider doing some charts like you did in the summer of 2017? I am not able to get my computer to respond to the new layout of the European Tour website, so, I cannot see the info at the site. This means I cannot do the nationalities subpage of mine for the European Tour. If you can get that website to work on your computer, would you have any interest in doing that chart each week? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 08:31, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- I might be able to do that. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 17:23, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- That would be good if you would. Two weeks in a row now, I have had almost nothing to load onto my sub page for the Euro. And if this had been a few weeks ago, I'd not have been able to load the 2019 BMW PGA Championship page. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 18:13, 10 October 2019 (UTC)
- Would you have time to do that for last week's and this week's tournaments? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 20:58, 11 October 2019 (UTC)
- I was wondering if you were planning on doing those recent two tournaments? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 17:31, 8 December 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for doing the French Open. If you want to do the Portugal Masters, I have the thing started. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 12:46, 23 October 2019 (UTC)
- If you will, please do the Turkish Airlines Open. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 18:38, 5 November 2019 (UTC)
- Hi there, I noticed you hadn't been on in a few days. I was wondering if you had any desire to do last week's Turkish Airlines Open? And then eventually this week's event, the Nedbank. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 19:21, 11 November 2019 (UTC)
- This time, I started the chart with the rough script I usually use, if that helps make things a little easier for you. It's in there but hidden (the 2018 one, that is). All it needs is the updated nationalities and to be fitted properly with the rowspan stuff. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 15:29, 12 November 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for doing the Nedbank. I started the chart for the Dubai event if you would do it. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 18:46, 19 November 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks for doing the Dubai event. I started the chart for the Alfred Dunhill Championship if you would do it. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 23:06, 26 November 2019 (UTC)
- If you have a chance, please do the Dunhill event, and then the AfrAsia event when you have time. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 17:16, 3 December 2019 (UTC)
- I was wondering if you were going to do the previous two events, the Alfred Dunhill Championship and the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open? Johnsmith2116 (talk) 08:57, 15 December 2019 (UTC)
ArbCom 2019 election voter message
European Tour Qualifying School
- I just think it's best to keep the notes to wins and similar accomplishments, otherwise it starts to become trivia. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 20:39, 23 November 2019 (UTC)
Google Code-In 2019 is coming - please mentor some documentation tasks!
Google Code-In, Google-organized contest in which the Wikimedia Foundation participates, starts in a few weeks. This contest is about taking high school students into the world of opensource. I'm sending you this message because you recently edited a documentation page at the English Wikipedia.
I would like to ask you to take part in Google Code-In as a mentor. That would mean to prepare at least one task (it can be documentation related, or something else - the other categories are Code, Design, Quality Assurance and Outreach) for the participants, and help the student to complete it. Please sign up at the contest page and send us your Google account address to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can invite you in!
From my own experience, Google Code-In can be fun, you can make several new friends, attract new people to your wiki and make them part of your community.
If you have any questions, please let us know at email@example.com.
Hi there, do you still feel like helping with my nationalities European Tour page? I started a new one for 2020. But also, some change with the PGA Tour website must have happened in the last few weeks, because I can no longer get the leaderboard to load on there. So, now I also need help with the PGA nationalities as well (I started a new one for 2020 last week). I don't know how much you feel up to doing, but if you could do at least one of the two, that would be great. Both would be even greater. Johnsmith2116 (talk) 07:49, 8 January 2020 (UTC)
- Unfortunately I think I'll be too busy to do that. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 08:10, 8 January 2020 (UTC)
Open de France ALSTOM/Alstom
Hi, I noticed you changed my edit on the French Open page regarding ALSTOM being in all upper case. I know this a pretty minor issue, but the European Tour have it stylised as 'Open de France ALSTOM' on their schedules and in players wins sections it is stylised like that as well. Hope you can get back to me. Thanks. Jimmymci234 (talk) 10:51, 12 May 2020 (UTC) 10:51, 12 May 2020 (UTC)
- In general, tournament and sponsor names should only be in all-caps when they're acronyms. For instance, we don't say PGA TOUR, THE PLAYERS Championship, THE NORTHERN TRUST, TOUR Championship, ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP, or THE CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES. pʰeːnuːmuː ��� pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 17:22, 12 May 2020 (UTC)
World Cup 1969
Sorry. I realized that the French player is Patrick Cros, not Gros, after finding his name at amateur tournaments at the beginning av the 1960s. I undid latest two revisions.
A tag has been placed on Category:New Jersey Athletic Conference football requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section C1 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the category has been empty for seven days or more and is not a disambiguation category, a category redirect, a featured topics category, under discussion at Categories for discussion, or a project category that by its nature may become empty on occasion.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines.
Korn Ferry Tour Championship Series colour
Hi, that's fair enough that the Championship series need to be a different colour from the Finals events, but I just don't think grey is the right colour as its used for WGCs. What about the light blue that's used for the European Tour Rolex Series? As the light blue would indicate that those tournaments are a series of events that have elevated status but are below other events e.g. Tour Championship, flagship event etc. if you know what I mean. I know this is not a big deal in reality, but I just want to know what your take on this proposal. Thanks Jimmymci234 (talk) 19:05, 15 August 2020 (UTC)
- I suppose blue could work. Incidentally, for the Japan Golf Tour, I think it would make more sense to give the Golf Nippon Series the thistle color since (despite the tournament names) it's much more of a tour championship-style event than the Japan Golf Tour Championship (which is a full-field event more in line with the Players Championship. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 19:28, 15 August 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah, I would say you're probably right, the only problem with the Japan Tour is that I'm pretty sure that they refer to the Tour Championship as being their Tour Championship as well as a Japan major and the Golf Nippon Series as just a Japan major only. Maybe we could give the Tour Championship the light blue colour rather than thistle and just refer to it as a Japan major, and the Golf Nippon Series as a Tour Championship and have it as thistle rather than light blue. Jimmymci234 (talk) 20:17, 15 August 2020 (UTC)
Yeah, it’s all a bit muddled. We can either leave it like it is now or effectively swap the colours around for JGT Championship and Nippon Series. Happy with either. Jimmymci234 (talk) 06:27, 16 August 2020 (UTC)
- I think swapping the colors makes the most sense. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 23:54, 17 August 2020 (UTC)
Hi Phinumu, why did you revert my edits in terms of having the tournament title as CJ Cup at Nine Bridges/Shadow Creek? I know we usually leave out tournament extension names like presented by, supported by etc. But I thought it was ok to have tournaments titled with 'at' in them, e.g. A Military Tribute 'at' The Greenbrier, BMW Charity Pro-Am 'at' The Cliffs etc. Jimmymci234 (talk) 19:37, 25 August 2020 (UTC)
- In the case of the CJ Cup, since it's consistently branded as THE CJ CUP @ NINE BRIDGES/SHADOW CREEK, I think it makes sense to strip the name down to the essentials. Personally, I'd prefer to leave that off for all of those except for the Greenbrier. This might be something we should discuss on the WikiProject talk page, though. pʰeːnuːmuː → pʰiːnyːmyː → ɸinimi → fiɲimi 20:32, 25 August 2020 (UTC)