|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:37, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Invitation to comment at Template:Link language RfC
I saw that you once commented in relation to this matter, so I wanted to invite you to comment at Template talk:Link language#Request for comment on formatting, which (in my mind) is criminally underattended.
Hi Mzajac. You created List of English words of Ukrainian origin, which was nominated for deletion at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of English words of Ukrainian origin. Cunard (talk) 05:10, 13 July 2017 (UTC)
Проверить статью на английском языке
Добрый день. Перенесите, пожалуйста, стат��ю в ОП английской Википедии. Ранее я размещала статью на украинском языке. Ее проверили, одобрили и перенесли в ОП украинской Википедии: https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/OWOX Теперь я перевела статью на английский язык и хотела ее разместить. Помогите, пожалуйста, одобрите размещение и можете, плиз, переименовать название статьи на OWOX, а то у меня не получается. Ссылка на англ. версию статьи: https:/wiki/Draft:%D0%93%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%9C%D0%B0%D0%B3 Буду очень вам благодарна и признательна!OWOX (talk) 17:49, 1 November 2017 (UTC)
Capitalization X District
X District opposed four South Ossetia: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Dzau_district&oldid=809870556#Requested_move_11_November_2017 220.127.116.11 (talk) 00:39, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
Category:Fictional tanks has been nominated for discussion
Category:Fictional tanks, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. A discussion is taking place to see if it abides with the categorization guidelines. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the categories for discussion page. Thank you. ZXCVBNM (TALK) 18:58, 13 December 2017 (UTC)
Capitalization X Line
Re Talk:Kalininsko-Solntsevskaya_Line#Requested_move_11_December_2017 "since sources do not support treating these as proper names" is an incorrect statement. The pro-voters run into RU/UA/BY articles, will move articles and leave an inconsistent mess at least for RU, since they won't find all occurrences. Currently for Russia it is consistently upper case, cannot say for UA/BY. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:14, 14 December 2017 (UTC)