- Indented line
Hi. Regarding this subpage, please see the deletion consensus here over this same Al-Shabaab fork (it's another name for the group; c.f. ). Best regards, Middayexpress (talk) 18:13, 16 October 2012 (UTC)
The Tea Leaf - Issue Seven
Hello again! We have some neat updates about the Teahouse:
- We’ve added badges! Teahouse awards is a pilot project to learn how acknowledgement impacts engagement and retention in Teahouse and Wikipedia.
- We’ve got a new WikiLove Badge script that makes giving badges quick and easy. You can add it here. You can give out badges to thank helpful hosts, welcome guests, acknowledge great questions and more.
- Come join the experiment and let us know what you think!
- You are receiving The Tea Leaf after expressing interest or participating in the Teahouse! To remove yourself from receiving future newsletters, please remove your username here
Thanks again! Ocaasi 02:22, 9 February 2013 (UTC)
The Tea Leaf - Issue Seven (special Birthday recap)
It's been a full year since the Teahouse opened, and as we're reflecting on what's been accomplished, we wanted to celebrate with you.
Teahouse guests and hosts are sharing their stories in a new blog post about the project.
1 year statistics for Teahouse visitors compared to invited non-visitors from the pilot:
|Metric||Control group||Teahouse group||Contrast|
|Average retention (weeks with at least 1 edit)||5.02 weeks||8.57 weeks||1.7x retention|
|Average number of articles edited||58.7 articles||116.9 edits||2.0x articles edited|
|Average talk page edits||36.5 edits||85.6 edits||2.4x talk page edits|
|Average article space edits||129.6 edits||360.4 edits||2.8x article edits|
|Average total edits (all namespaces)||182.1 edits||532.4 edits||2.9x total edits|
Over the past year almost 2000 questions have been asked and answered, 669 editors have introduced themselves, 1670 guests have been served, 867 experienced Wikipedians have participated in the project, and 137 have served as hosts. Read more project analysis in our CSCW 2013 paper
Last month January was our most active month so far! 78 profiles were created, 46 active hosts answered 263 questions, and 11 new hosts joined the project.
Come by the Teahouse to share a cup of tea and enjoy a Birthday Cupcake! Happy Birthday to the Teahouse and thank you for a year's worth of interest and support :-)
- -- Ocaasi and the rest of the Teahouse Team 20:44, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
Notification of automated file description generation
Your upload of File:BoNM - Islamic State of Afghanistan Hires.png or contribution to its description is noted, and thanks (even if belatedly) for your contribution. In order to help make better use of the media, an attempt has been made by an automated process to identify and add certain information to the media's description page.
This notification is placed on your talk page because a bot has identified you either as the uploader of the file, or as a contributor to its metadata. It would be appreciated if you could carefully review the information the bot added. To opt out of these notifications, please follow the instructions here. Thanks! Message delivered by Theo's Little Bot (opt-out) 14:04, 17 February 2014 (UTC)