post any new questions by starting a new section below. Before posting, understand the following:
As per this AN discussion, I'm not going to be editing BLP articles at least for six months.
As well, it has been fully pointed out that my behavior with a number of users (perhaps some of you reading this now) has been unnecessarily rude or dismissive. I'm making an effort to turn that around. If you have any questions about this, please ask. - Jack Sebastian (talk) 15:59, 5 September 2019 (UTC)`
- I'm not going to be around much as I'm on a wiki break, but I think this message sounds sincere and I look forward to seeing you around, though I understand if you'd rather avoid me after I changed my mind on ANI. I think I'm going to avoid going over there in the future, as I mainly edit Wikipedia to relax and all of that left me feel in quite stressed. Clovermoss (talk) 00:38, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
- No, I am not upset at you, Clovermoss. I understood why you changed your mind; another user had suggested that my comments were homophobic. They weren't, but in the heat of the AN discussion, it was pretty easy to fall in line with those willing to believe the worst of me. I have been unpleasant in the past, and that all by itself was enough to taint people's view of my edits and intentions.
- Some people won't ever be able to change their minds about me; one user in particular was essentially dancing a jig at my "misfortune." They will never get that it wasn't really a misfourtunate incident at all; it was a wake-up call.
- And I am trying to heed it. It means refocusing on why I am here: to hone my editing and writing skills. Anything else is drama. If people can help me or I can help them to be better, I am all for it.
- Thanks again for dropping me a line, Clovermoss. Enjoy your wikibreak. - Jack Sebastian (talk) 01:18, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
I just wanted to express sincere gratitude--it is exceedingly rare in life, and rarer still on Wikipedia, to see people who can take feedback on board and improve because of it. Once more, all the best going forward. Cheers. Dumuzid (talk) 05:11, 6 September 2019 (UTC)
- It's going to be a bit of a hard road for a bit, because I am sure there are folks who are going to be watching for me to trip over my dick and fall into old habits but, listening to everything that everyone had to say (fairly and unfairly), I just saw that this wasn't the type of editor I wanted to be, or to have others see. And while my Dad (who got me interested in editing in the first place) is fading away all the time, we had a good conversation about this while he was really lucid. He asked me a simple question:
- 'Are you acting in a way that would make your kids proud?' Even though my younglings are really young, the answer was clearly no. So, I've let that guide my behavior from now on. Some people are still going to be rude, some are going to be ass hats, but I don't have to play that game. That isn't why I am here. And I have seen a lot of the worst of them immolate themselves, and I came pretty close to doing that to myself. What happens from here on out is all up to me, and I appreciate a lot of good users willing to give me a chance to make good on that.
- Thanks again, Dumuzid. - Jack Sebastian (talk) 06:19, 6 September 2019 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. An automated process has detected that when you recently edited Girl on the Third Floor, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Variety (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are usually incorrect, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of unrelated topics with similar titles. (Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.)
DYK for Girl on the Third Floor
Please comment on Talk:Deadpool 2
Please comment on Talk:The Coddling of the American Mind
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:The Coddling of the American Mind. Legobot (talk) 04:25, 10 November 2019 (UTC)