- Yeah, no worries. When it's from that time period, I always check both just to make sure. Cheers, -- Irn (talk) 14:15, 20 February 2017 (UTC)
Removal of content from 1972 page.
My apologies. The content I removed was from the deaths section where someone had placed a number of December births in the December deaths area. Those births remain in the birth section, didn't know why it was doubled up in deaths, so I simply removed it. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 01:08, 3 April 2017 (UTC)
- Oh, good call. Thanks for taking the time to explain that! I just saw an anonymous user deleting large amounts of text for no apparent reason, and so it looked like vandalism to me. I've gone ahead and removed that again. Cheers, -- Irn (talk) 02:55, 3 April 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up. I don't have anything additional to add to the conversation at this moment, but I'll keep an eye on it. Cheers, -- Irn (talk) 18:29, 9 April 2017 (UTC)
About becoming an administrator
Thank you for your contributions to Wikipedia so far; they are very much appreciated. Your experience and tenure have been an asset to the project.
Have you ever thought of becoming an administrator? It can be enjoyable, challenging, and a great way to help Wikipedia.
If you would like to find out about your chances of a successful RfA, please visit:
- You're absolutely right – they weren't all bad. I mentioned that in my edit summary, and I tried to explain, but I got cut off. (Twinkle didn't stop me from writing more, but then when I published it, it just replaced what I had written with “...”) While most of the edits definitely suffered from WP:OVERLINK, (For example, there's no reason to link the word “coach” or “voicemail”.) I agree that some of the links added were useful. However, I tried to only undo the edits that were full of overlinking, but the software wouldn't let me – I had to either undo everything or go through and manually remove all of the excess links. Since there were so many excess links, undoing all of it seemed like a better option to me. I admit that that was lazy of me, and I apologize for completely undoing what you obviously spent time and energy working on. But in my opinion, the sum of the edits was more harmful to the article than beneficial, so it seemed like the best option to me.
- And unrelated to that, are you using two accounts? Because you might want to check out the policy on that. Cheers, -- Irn (talk) 20:56, 15 April 2017 (UTC)
Stop deleting my entries
hey, you always delete my entries for no reasons. All my entries rely on true facts if you have any problems with that or don't believe me please use the internet to check my posts before deleting them. If this happens again we can also talk with an Admin. Greetings — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jugro (talk • contribs) 17:16, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
Declined BLPPROD: Jeffrey Freidl
I've had to decline this, you may want to review the criteria for WP:BLPPROD, because they are persnickety. Pretty much any link, no matter how unreliable, is enough to preclude the use of that tag. No concerns about pursuing this via PROD or AfD, however. --joe deckertalk 14:28, 8 May 2017 (UTC)
Hey, re: the issues around revisionjumper. If you find any such link, it would be very nice forwarding them to me so that I can test if I can replicate and fix it. Thanks, —DerHexer (Talk) 15:36, 19 May 2017 (UTC)
- @DerHexer: Thank you so much for your interest in fixing this! It's been happening off and on, but every time it happens, I rollback the change, so I have no link to share with you. However, I finally had it happen again with a diff that I won't be rolling back: here. Cheers, -- Irn (talk) 13:07, 28 May 2017 (UTC)
Ariana Grande again
Update on Honduras Page
Hi Irn! I wanted to update you on my progress in editing the Honduras page since you commented on my proposal to edit it. I've added some information under both Poverty and Economic Inequality pages that I've added. It's still a work in progress and I'll be adding information as I continue my research. Additionally I added sections for Gender and Racial and Ethnic Inequality. I still need to add information there. I was wondering what you thought of my edits. Let me know! Thanks so much for the help. GHumphrey97 (talk) 17:06, 12 October 2017 (UTC)
Your welcome template
Hi Irn, and thank you for your contributions to Wikipedia. Please be aware that your welcome template, such as you recently placed in User talk:Dreamer plox, is shy one closing
</div>; see . —Anomalocaris (talk) 08:19, 27 November 2017 (UTC)
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
Angana P. Chatterji
Hello: thanks for your thoughts on this page. I too am wondering if Medium is sufficient as a source for a BLP and am concerned about the precedent that this creates for other BLPs. Plus, it seems like this is a case of someone whose own experiences and process had ended years before the firing, and is now commenting on the firing, in which case I'm not sure that it gives insight to the firing. Thoughts? Torren (talk) 01:46, 4 January 2018 (UTC)
- Good call. You're right, I should have just left that out. While the source is good for for what its author experienced, that's not good enough for contentious material in a BLP. -- irn (talk) 16:02, 5 January 2018 (UTC)
Please carefully read this information:
The Arbitration Committee has authorised discretionary sanctions to be used for pages regarding all edits about, and all pages related to post-1932 politics of the United States and closely related people, a topic which you have edited. The Committee's decision is here.Discretionary sanctions is a system of conduct regulation designed to minimize disruption to controversial topics. This means uninvolved administrators can impose sanctions for edits relating to the topic that do not adhere to the purpose of Wikipedia, our standards of behavior, or relevant policies. Administrators may impose sanctions such as editing restrictions, bans, or blocks. This message is to notify you that sanctions are authorised for the topic you are editing. Before continuing to edit this topic, please familiarise yourself with the discretionary sanctions system. Don't hesitate to contact me or another editor if you have any questions.
Hi Irn I don't think we have spoken before. I see you have reverted my edit to removal to remove the promotional language from the Margot Robbie. Irn, when you see advertising you try and remove it. It does say promoting in the language of the text. It does reduce the Wikipedia in value when there is so much advertising, and there is plenty of place on web, where they can advertise until their hearts contents. If it is goes back, then i'm going to post it WP:COIN and they will deal with it. I have reverted it. scope_creep (talk) 17:26, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- I disagree that it's advertising, as I said on the article's talk page. Please re-join that conversation. (And who has a conflict of interest here? That doesn't make sense.) -- irn (talk) 17:32, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
- My edits were made due to the repeated questions on the talk page such as  . It is very good to have the list of topics on the top. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:04, 6 March 2018 (UTC)
I wouldn't consider my editing to be unconstructive; I don't think the page defined 'systemic racism' or evidenced it. Also, all people may experience racism. Happy to discuss how best to treat a difficult topic.
People of color
- Removed personal attack per WP:TPG. Irn, please see history if you want to see the personal attack.- MrX 🖋 18:37, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
brian d foy
Removal, due to you citing the notabilitiy policy which was placed by you @ 21:45, 10 April 2018 (UTC)
having Viewed the Notability Policy, I feel I do meet the criteria. it states that sufficient independent coverage must be achieve, i having had several already published independent newspapers, several local newspapers and also a national television appearance, as well as being written about on several websites, all of which have been done by other people, non of which have been done by myself, I will now list the independent coverage I have received with links where possible:
I have been mentioned in the following national newspaper:'
written about in the national british newspaper the daily express both in the paper and online, and I quote "In one case, Daniel Johnson, who was awarded a medal and a rosette by Princess Anne for his heroics during a bloody tour of Afghanistan, was refused housing because his needs were not considered urgent enough......."
I have been written about and photographed in the following county level british newspapers:
written about in the Wiltshire times on two separate both in the paper and online: 1. here- http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/15110206.Homeless_war_veteran_with_chronic_PTSD_slams_Wiltshire_Council/ 2. here- picture attached to this email showing article
written about in the Bournemouth Eco newspaper both in the paper and online: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/15638057.Veterans_march_from_Bournemouth_to_London_in_bid_to_lift_military_covenant_rule/
Appearance on National Television:
Appeared on national British television channel ITV, link to the rerun of episode can be found here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARxsYopCboc
given the fact that I have, as is demonstrated above, I indeed have received independent coverage that would be deemed as significant as defined in the Wikipedia notability policy, please can you reinstate my original edit to the page https:/wiki/List_of_people_named_Daniel which was "Daniel Johnson (born 1986) English Actor and Former British Army Solider"
taking all of the above into account I would feel that if my name is not reinstated to the Wikipedia page this would be a blatant discrimination against myself made by Wikipedia and/or persons authorised to operate in a capacity for Wikipedia further newspaper coverage pertaining to myself
Apologies on April 12
I was attempting to revert some vandalism on April 12 and appear to have instead restored some. Thank you for catching my error - it's appreciated.
- Yeah, no worries! You did revert some vandalism. There was just more before it that couldn't be rolled back. Cheers, -- irn (talk) 20:51, 11 April 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, no worries! I wasn't sure why you reverted me on that aspect with just "wording" as a reason, so I thought I should explain it a little more thoroughly. Cheers, -- irn (talk) 18:10, 14 April 2018 (UTC)
That IP is an ip-hopping ;long-term abuser who has been blocked dozens of times for spamming articles and talkpages with Macy's parade garbage. There are admins who block on sight. Just revert and leave a summary such as "Macy's parade LTA" Meters (talk) 16:06, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
nothing for me
so if someone who wants to talks to me they can do that okay all of the people in the whole world
Thank you for the welcome. I find it curious that you would comment about my undoing the contributions of other editors. In fact, the reason I've been editing the page is because their information is inaccurate. Greenwald and Miranda are partners, NOT spouses. I made the edits to reflect PARTNER and they kept changing it back to SPOUSE. Those editors were doing the exact same thing of which I'm being accused. Moreover, it's not my preferred version of Glenn Greenwald's page, it's correct and accurate and the information was easily searchable by doing one's due diligence. Before I responded to you I see, in fact, that someone DID change it to partner, exactly what I did, yet I'm being threatened with a block. A logical, feasible and intelligent reason would be welcome about WHY I'm being targeted when I made the edits to reflect "partner" in the first place. I can assure you, I will no longer be doing any edits on Wikipedia after being treated like this, most especially when I was right to begin with. I've also noticed that editors put false information about people on Wikipedia on a fairly consistent basis. For the most part, libelous content is costly and embarrassing. Thank you. DVMNYC (talk) 12:13, 14 May 2018 (UTC) DVMNYC
Hello! I made change in 'List of countries by intentional homicide rate' on base infirmation State Committee on Statistics of the Russian Federation. http://www.gks.ru/free_doc/2018/demo/edn01-18.htm — Preceding unsigned comment added by Saint191 (talk • contribs) 08:14, 17 May 2018 (UTC)
Trying to learn how to edit properly
Hello Irn. I tried today my first Wikipedia edit, so I am a total beginner. I noticed my edit to the Virginia Raggi aticle was deleted and I am curios to learn why and how I could try again and see the text accepted. I saw a reference to my text being unsourced: can you elaborate a bit on what it means and how I could correct the problem?
- @Pviglian: Wikipedia operates based on policies and guidelines. One of the most important is that everything needs to be verifiable in reliable sources. The information you added did not have any sources with it. We also have to take special care when dealing with living people. At this point, if you think the information is relevant and belongs in the article, the best thing to do would probably be to start a conversation on the article's talk page explaining why you think the information should be in the article. At the bare minimum, however, you should provide some sources when you argue your point. Cheers, -- irn (talk) 17:36, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
Regarding to Venezuelan Bolívar
Bolívar has hit 27500% inflation already at May 31st 2018. Displaying information from beginning of 2018 is no longer accurate. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 09:10, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
belated one, sry mate :)
Sources needed for Days of the Year pages
I see you recently accepted a pending change to July 15. I looked for a source for this date of birth in the Christian Dornier that I could add to the DOY page and it was unsupported by any source there either.
You're probably not aware of this change, but Days of the Year pages are no longer exempt from WP:V and direct sources are required for additions. For details see the WikiProject Days of the Year style guide. I've gone ahead and un-accepted this edit and backed it out.
Please do not accept additions to day of year pages where no direct source has been provided on that day of year page. The burden to provide sources for additions to these pages is on the editor who adds or restores material to these pages. Thank you. Toddst1 (talk) 01:21, 22 July 2018 (UTC)
Help for the last edition of JC Gonzalez Charitable Activity Paragraph
Hi Irn. Thank you for your last edition on the paragraph that I've added. I want my contribution to survive on the page as I believe I followed the Wikipedia rules with the idea of making a positive participation for the community by reflecting a neutral point of view as a fresh contributor. JC Gonzalez has volunteered to raise awareness about Domestic Violence through "Safe Passage" by creating and singing his song.(Please see the link provided: .). Is it convenient to use a non-profit organization website as references ? I also found and added additional links about the movies that he appeared in order to have better reliable sources. ( , ) . I am aiming to improve my Wikipedia skills to have my own contribution so that I can make a difference through free encyclopedia. I would be glad If you could give me assistance to improve my skills and contribute to Wikipedia. Thank you in advance for your support. 13ibra13 (talk) 18:58, 28 August 2018 (UTC)
ArbCom 2018 election voter message
ArbCom 2019 election voter message
- ""Safe Passage-Thrive Integrative Wellness and Women of Watts & Beyond of California"".
- "Slumber Party Slaughter (2012) - Rebekah Chaney, JC Gonzalez, Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related |". IMDB. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "11:11". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.