|This user talk page might be watched by friendly talk page stalkers, which means that someone other than me might reply to your query. Their input is welcome and their help with messages that I cannot reply to quickly is appreciated.|
Who's watching me?
Pageviews graph for this page.
April editathons at Women in Red
January 2020 at Women in Red
Scripts++ Newsletter – Issue 13
The Signpost: 1 March 2020
- From the editor: The ball is in your court
- News and notes: Alexa ranking down to 13th worldwide
- Special report: More participation, more conversation, more pageviews
- Discussion report: Do you prefer M or P?
- Arbitration report: Two prominent administrators removed
- Community view: The Incredible Invisible Woman
- In focus: History of The Signpost, 2015–2019
- From the archives: Is Wikipedia for sale?
- Traffic report: February articles, floating in the dark
- Gallery: Feel the love
- On the bright side: What's making you happy this month?
- Opinion: Wikipedia is another country
- Humour: The Wilhelm scream
Thank you for creating File:NPP_flowchart.svg
A few years ago, I decided to volunteer as a new page reviewer. I navigated my way through a maze of documentation, reading everything I found there. I did find a flowchart, but it was useless for any practical purpose. But now, I see you have created a flowchart that guides a reviewer through the entire process.
I haven't yet decided whether to stand in front of the hose. And I will not respond well to any pressure. But if I do volunteer, my decision will be entirely due to my awareness of the existence of your flowchart. Maproom (talk) 21:52, 1 March 2020 (UTC)
- Maproom, We also need help at the back of the queue. :) I personally just try to keep up with the Userbox below (on average), and honestly if we get a bunch of people doing that, we will be able to control the influx pretty handily. Glad to hear that the flowchart is helpful, I even find it helpful when I get stuck reviewing! — Insertcleverphrasehere (or here)(click me!) 22:25, 1 March 2020 (UTC)
New page review
- Thanks for inviting me. I’ve applied. Mccapra (talk) 23:02, 1 March 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for the invite. I prefer to create new articles and improve articles for now. There is also a lot of short description work. BTW, I love your flow chart. However, you keep doing an awesome job. SWP13 (talk) 01:11, 2 March 2020 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (February 2020).
- Following a discussion, Twinkle's default CSD behavior will soon change, most likely this week. After the change, Twinkle will default to "tagging mode" if there is no CSD tag present, and default to "deletion mode" if there is a CSD tag present. You will be able to always default to "deletion mode" (the current behavior) using your Twinkle preferences.
- Following the 2020 Steward Elections, the following editors have been appointed as stewards: BRPever, Krd, Martin Urbanec, MusikAnimal, Sakretsu, Sotiale, and Tks4Fish. There are a total of seven editors that have been appointed as stewards, the most since 2014.
- The 2020 appointees for the Ombudsman commission are Ajraddatz and Uzoma Ozurumba; they will serve for one year.
New page patrol
I had a little message from you a while back about joining the new page patrol, I just wanted to know how big the list is, I am also not sure how to navigate to the list either! Cheers. Govvy (talk) 12:32, 12 March 2020 (UTC)
- Govvy, The list is at Special:NewPagesFeed. There are currently 7600 articles waiting to be reviewed. Have a look at the tutorial and check the granting conditions. You can apply for the user right here when you are ready. — Insertcleverphrasehere (or here)(click me!) 23:40, 12 March 2020 (UTC)
April 2020 at Women in Red