The current date and time is 11 April 2021 T 19:40 UTC.
Discretionary sanctions alerts
You can email me from this link but in the interests of Wiki-transparency, please message me on this page unless there are pressing reasons to do otherwise.
Comments which I find to be uncivil, full of vulgarities, flame baiting, or that are excessively rude may be deleted without response. If I choose not to answer, that's my right; don't keep putting it back. I'll just delete and get annoyed at you.
|This user talk page might be talk page stalkers which means that someone other than me might reply to your query. Their input is welcome and their help with messages that I cannot reply to quickly is appreciated.by friendly|
|Welcome to my talk page! I am an administrator here on Wikipedia. That means I am here to help. It does not mean that I have any special status or something, it just means that I get to push a few extra buttons to help maintain this encyclopedia. |
If you need help with something, feel free to ask. Click
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60|
God Jul och Gott Nytt År!
Yo Ho Ho
Yo Ho Ho
A Joyous Yuletide to You!
Yo Ho Ho
Happy New Year
|Happy New Year 2021|
I hope your New Year holiday is enjoyable and the coming year is much better than the one we are leaving behind.
Best wishes from Los Angeles. // Timothy :: talk
News and updates for administrators from the past month (March 2021).
- Following a request for comment, F7 (invalid fair-use claim) subcriterion a has been deprecated; it covered immediate deletion of non-free media with invalid fair-use tags.
- Following a request for comment, page movers were granted the
delete-redirectuserright, which allows moving a page over a single-revision redirect, regardless of that redirect's target.
- When you move a page that many editors have on their watchlist the history can be split and it might also not be possible to move it again for a while. This is because of a job queue problem. (T278350)
- Code to support some very old web browsers is being removed. This could cause issues in those browsers. (T277803)
- @Snooganssnoogans: went to look at it, Floq got there first. Doug Weller talk 09:16, 7 April 2021 (UTC)
Middle Eastern Jews: No end in sight
Hi Doug, I started that FTN discussion in the hope User:Bob drobbs would stop flooding talk pages with his reasoning. He got virtually no support on FTN, but still carries on regardless. He made about 60 edits in promotion of or related to the idea that Jews should be called Middle Eastern, mostly on talk pages, starting March 5th. I tried to ignore them, but he threatens and executes small scale edit warring:
Help come up with a fair, non-biased standard, that will be applied to people of all religions or I'll keep reverting. After I put an uw-ew on his talk page, he started adding POV templates to List of Middle Eastern superheroes and Middle Eastern Americans (April 5, here). He also did do forum shopping, not on FTN, but on NPOVN and on DRN (where it was immeadiately rejected by a volunteer). I'm really at a loss what to do. Take it to ANI ? --Rsk6400 (talk) 08:29, 6 April 2021 (UTC)
- @Rsk6400: yes, ANI. Doug Weller talk 12:19, 6 April 2021 (UTC)
Battle of Dabhoi
Can you undelete Battle of Dabhoi? It was deleted in 2012 due to creation by a blocked or banned user in violation of block or ban. The subject is a notable event. I want to work on it. Undeletion might be helpful. Regards,-Nizil (talk) 06:08, 7 April 2021 (UTC)
- @Nizil Shah: - done. Please fix the citations so that they should title, author, etc - including relevant page numbers. 09:14, 7 April 2021 (UTC)
(Possibly) stale page restrictions
Hi, I was recently doing a review of all the page restrictions I've placed or taken ownership of over the years, and I noticed that a majority of the pages were no longer battlegrounds and didn't require restrictions anymore. I was looking backwards a couple of months on the article history and talk page looking for major diputes, and for the most part things were pretty quiet. I've removed the BRD restrictions from about 70% of the articles that I had put them on, and the 1RR restrictions from probably 90% of pages.
I figured while I was at it I might as well try to track down the other pages with active sanctions and see if the admins who placed them might also be interested in doing a similar review. The following list might not be complete, but it's the best I could come up with by tracking usages of the American Politics AE template. (Perhaps you can compare it to whatever system you have for tracking your active sanctions.) For convenience I'll put links to the edit notice page and the talk page.
- Template:Editnotices/Page/David Malpass - Talk:David Malpass
- Template:Editnotices/Page/Executive Order 13768 - Talk:Executive Order 13768
- Template:Editnotices/Page/Ilhan Omar - Talk:Ilhan Omar
- Template:Editnotices/Page/Myron Ebell - Talk:Myron Ebell
- Template:Editnotices/Page/Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement - Talk:Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement