Hi, I've been a Wikipedia editor since June 24, 2006. I am a Regional Wikipedia Editor, focused on the Winnipeg Metro Region and the Interlake Region. I reached my 10,000th edit on Tuesday morning April 28, 2020.
I'm known locally for my interest in a rapid transit system for Winnipeg, and maintain a resource website about Winnipeg Transit history. I've also had a strong interest for a long time about Canadian broadcasting history, and have collected much information about this since the early 1980s in the form of newspaper and magazine articles, pamphlets, etc...
My soul story
Since May 2009 I have had a spiritual awakening where I have since become open to spiritual concepts like the 'transmigration of the soul/reincarnation, that it is our Spirit Guides who show us our past lives via the Book of Life.
Altogether, I, as individual soul, has existed for more than 278,000 Earth years.
Alpha Pectaurus 2 (aka Ion) a planet in a red dwarf star system, 500 ly away from Sol, where my consciousness began approx. 250,000 years ago inside a chunk of rock the size of an adult hand. Nothing more detailed is known about these lifetimes on Alpha Pec.
After a quarter million years on Alpha Pectaurs 2, I migrated over here to Earth, where I've incarnated as various lifeforms for the past 28,000 years.
Through several different meditations I have seen myself as 5 different animals:
- A Killer Whale in the Red Sea, off the coast of Saudi Arabia circa ?
- A Bengal Tiger in India circa 3000 B.C.
- A White Dove in Greece circa 400 B.C.
- A Shark in the Timor Sea, near the Northern Territory of Australia, 0 A.D.
- A Great Horned Owl in the Torres Del Paine area of Patagonia, Chile, circa 600 A.D.
- A Plains Zebra in Tanzania (or as it was called then Tanganika) circa 900 & 1000 A.D.
In total, between many lives lived and living "in-between" lives, I have been at this planet Earth (there must be other planets called Earth in what Earthlings call the Milky Way) in various forms for at least 28,000 years. That is considered fairly average for a soul to spend time on, as per the book Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton (ISBN 978-1567184990).
- During my first past life session in June 2009 I saw myself living between the years 1850 and 1875 in the Cotswolds region of England where I lived on a farm. I used to ride by horse to and from the town public Library by myself and I liked the serenity of those trips. One day on my horse ride trip back home from the town Library, I thought that maybe this particular horse was fast enough to race. Our family had 2 but not enough to spare to race. I didn't get my wish.
- WikiProject Manitoba Discussions
- List of postal codes of Canada: R
- Category:Wikipedia requested photographs in Winnipeg
- Anik satellite system. Transponder programming detail
- Bravo! — History subsection
- C Channel — Programming subsection
- Cablecasting Ltd. — initial article
- CBC-2/Tele-2 - NOTE: Article has been languishing since '06. Use Globe and Mail for citations and to expand article.
- CBC Parliamentary Television Network — initial article
- CBC Radio One Winnipeg — station history
- CBWT & added additional details to History subsection, 24Hours sub-sub
- CBWFT — History subsection and station logos
- CBLT - added some station history using broadcasting-history.ca, the Toronto Star, and the Globe and Mail as sources
- CJOB - Early station History
- CKND -
- CTV Winnipeg
- KCND-TV station history
- KNRR - Some station history with citations
- Réseau de l'information — current & former personalities. Simple translation from fr:Réseau de l'information to English
- First Choice pay-tv — network history
- Teletext — Canadian & North American systems. I'm looking for screenshots of the CBC IRIS teletext service to add to this page.
- Videon Cable-tv – initial article
- Alex (videotex service) - Added Infobox online servie. Improved (formatting) and added Refs.
- CNCP Telecommunications – Expanded History section with citations. Reorganization of article. Removed closed access link. Added Further reading section. Added Infobox company. Completed History section Sep. 28, 2019. DONE.
- Manitoba Telecom Services (now BellMTS) – History NOTE: Continues to need major content added.
- NorthwestTel - Converted Refs to Cite news and Cite web.
- IBM Advanced/36 - Added References section. Added one Ref to Jim Hoskins book.
- IBM DisplayWrite - Added Infobox software. Reorganized article to subsections DW/PC, DW/36, DW/370. Imported German DW/370 screenshot for Infobox.
- IBM Series/1 - Added Infobox computer hardware
- IBM System/3 - Added Infobox computer hardware
Within Metropolitan Winnipeg
- Metropolitan Corporation of Greater Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Metro Region - Moved Winnipeg Capital Region > Winnipeg Metro Region.
- Centennial Concert Hall
- Le Cercle Molière - Added Infobox.
- Gallery One One One - Editing Infobox. Added WikiProject Canada Manitoba to talk page.
- Manitoba Centennial Centre - Wrote opening dates of various MCC venues for article.
- Manitoba Museum and Planetarium
- Prairie Theatre Exchange - Added Infobox venue. Added photo of entrance to PTE.
- Rainbow Stage - Early History of RS. Added Infobox.
- Royal Aviation Museum of Western Canada
- The Historical Museum of St. James – Assiniboia
- Winnipeg Art Gallery - expanded the History section. Added collection of Canadian artists works at the wag.
- Winnipeg Auditorium - Added some history of arts centre built in 1932 and operated as such until 1971.
- Winnipeg Pops Orchestra - Created initial article after hearing interview with representative from Orch. on CJNU-FM Sunday Dec. 15, 2019. NOTE: Will probably go to Draftspace until more can be written about them.
Commercial Office Towers
Publishing & Printing
- Downtown Winnipeg - Added Infobox settlement. Updated Census data to 2016 info. Expanded article
- Exchange District - Updated Census data to 2016 info.
- Osborne Village - Updated to 2016 Census data. Added wikitable of 3 census tracts that make up OV area.
- King's Park - park and residential area in Fort Richmond that began in 1911
- Rockwood — the neighbourhood I started in this lifetime, between 1966 and 1975.
- South River Heights — the neighbourhood my family lived between 1975 and 2017.
- East Kildonan, Manitoba
- Grande Pointe, Manitoba
- Headingley, Manitoba — added Suburban Rapid Transit Co. information. Added Infobox settlement.
- North Kildonan, Manitoba - Added Infobox (needs updated 2016 Census data).
- Old Kildonan, Manitoba - Added Infobox settlement.
- RM of East St. Paul - Added some params. for Infobox. Added Water section.
- RM of West St. Paul - redid Infobox settlement with all params. available. Added Water section.
- RM of Rosser - Added Infobox settlement. Added Water section.
- St. Boniface, Manitoba — photo of St. Boniface City Hall. Added Infobox. NOTE: This article needs major expansion (high priority), given its long heritage.
- St. James-Assiniboia, Manitoba - Will do major expansion (writing) on article over the winter of 2019-20.
- St. Norbert, Manitoba - Fixed some References
- St. Vital, Manitoba - Added Infobox.
- Town of Tuxedo, Manitoba - Added Infobox. Updated Census figures.
- Dugald, Manitoba
- Dunnottar, Manitoba - Added Infobox
- La Salle, Manitoba - Added Infobox. Updated to 2016 Census figures.
- Niverville, Manitoba - Copy edits. NOTE: Needs more citations.
- RM of Cartier - Added Infobox. Added Water section.
- RM of Macdonald - Added Water section.
- RM of Ritchot - Added Infobox. Added Water section.
- RM of Rockwood - Added Infobox
- RM of St. Andrews - Added Infobox
- RM of St. Clements - Added Infobox
- RM of Springfield - Added Infobox. Added Water section.
- RM of Tache - Added Infobox. Added Water section.
- The Children's Hospital of Winnipeg - History section.
- Grace Hospital. Added photo showing exterior of building.
- Misericordia Health Centre - Added photo. Added Infobox. Added some history (but was later reverted).
- Victoria General Hospital - Some of the early History.
- Archives of Manitoba - Added Infobox and photo. Early years of Archives at 200 Vaughan St.
- Cornish Library branch - fixed citations.
- Millennium Library — created initial article. Wrote History section content between 1968-1977.
- Winnipeg Public Library — added infobox
- Air Force Heritage Museum and Air Park
- Assiniboine Park - Removed multiple images of Pavilion, making room for others.
- Assiniboine Park Zoo - Reorganized article, matching the exhibits recognized by the Zoo website. Expanded exhibit section content.
- Bruce Park - Added Infobox. Added citations.
- Fort Whyte Alive - Removed ad-like copy and refs. Needs History section.
- Kildonan Park — Added Infobox. Added content. Beginnings of a History section.
- King's Park - Added infobox and early history.
- Living Prairie Museum - Added Infobox.
- Maple Grove Park - Added Infobox.
- St. Vital Park - Added Infobox.
- St. Ignatius School - Tagged as Unreferenced.
- Eaton Place — added newspaper citation regarding the opening and first years of Eaton Place (ca. 1979).
- Grant Park Shopping Centre - Description of stores
- Polo Park Shopping Centre - Tweaked Short desc., added Polo Park Transit Terminal to Public transit in Infobox.
- St. Vital Centre - Added Photo.
- Kildonan Place
- Winnipeg Square
- Assiniboia Downs - Added Infobox. Added citations of opening day and prior preps. of land. Added late 80s off-track betting.
- Pan Am Pool — Added History section with content plus citations. Added Infobox. Added photos of building exterior.
- Polo Park Racetrack
- Shaw Park (nee Canwest Park) - Added to the Infobox. NOTE: This article needs early history written for History section.
- Sherburn Park - Renamed from 'Sherbourne Park' to 'Sherburn Park'. Added Infobox.
- Graham Avenue Transit Mall – created initial article
- Winnipeg Area Transportation Study (1968)
- Winnipeg Transit — History subsection by company name.
- Winnipeg RT — updated information on Phase II RT Stations.
- Winnipeg Bus Terminal - Just the section on the Union Bus Depot (1936-1964) and the Winnipeg Bus Depot (1964-2009).
- Lakeview Square - Added Infobox. Moved most images to Wikimedia Commons.
- Manitoba Club - Added Infobox and photo. Cited early history of bldg. at 194 Broadway.
- True North Square - NOTE: Needs major work on updating article with current citations.
- Winnipeg Convention Centre - early history of convention centre at 375 York Ave.
- Winnipeg Hydro - Added Infobox.
- Birds Hill Provincial Park
- East Selkirk
- Gimli, Manitoba
- Grand Beach (Manitoba)
- Lockport, Manitoba
- Selkirk, Manitoba
- Winnipeg Beach
Articles in Draftspace
These articles, about public libraries in Manitoba's Interlake, Parkland, Westman regions, do not have enough information and citations to be considered as part of Articlespace, as at Sept. 2019. I have 6 months (late Feb. early Mar. 2020) to beef up these articles before deletion:
- Brandon Public Library - Brandon area
- Parkland Regional Library - Dauphin and vicinity
- Evergreen Regional Library - Gimli and vicinity
- Gaynor Family Regional Library - Selkirk and vicinity
- Fort Richmond - Created article. Added Infobox, 2016 population data. One reference from 1964 newspaper on 3,500 housing dev.
Researching for Wikipedia
I've been using the Access.NewspaperArchive.com website, accessible from any Winnipeg Public Library branch in the metro area to do all this research using old copies of the Winnipeg Free Press. It would have been much more difficult to do otherwise.
You can find this website by going to a library terminal, and from the WPL main page select "Databases" from the top of the navigation bar. Then select the "Newspaper Archive" link near the top of the list. From there you can view a PDF image of the newspaper, and for 15 cents make a photocopy at the print station.
The Univ. of Manitoba Libraries Dep't has digitized all issues of The Winnipeg Tribune from 1890 thru 1980. No membership or login is required. It is accessible at digitalcollections.lib.umanitoba.ca
Fellow Wikipedian Friends & Acquaintances
I have known fellow Wikipedian User:Wtshymanski for over 34 years — since the mid-1980s, going back to the Ariel II BBS in Winnipeg. I met Bill in the early-90s when I was into 2 metres amateur radio. Hi Bill.
I also work with User:Jdobbin on articles having to do with various suburbs within metropolitan Winnipeg.
Since August 11, 2019 I have been using WPCleaner (Java application for Windows) to fix various Wikipedia pages, such as inconsistent header '=', missing 'http://' in external inks.