- 1 Disclosure
- 2 A wee bit about me
- 3 Interests
- 4 Awesome Wikipedians
- 5 Useful links
- 6 Don't get mad
- 7 Want to make more money?
- 8 Last thoughts
I started out editing as both an anonymous contributor as with another account, but have since decided to pretty much leave all those accounts behind (in good standing, of course) and continue editing using this one only.
And unfortunately, this, too is true.
A wee bit about me
I was born pretty much in the ordinary way and grew up (mostly). What education I didn't get in some damn fine schools I received via trial and error outside academia. Also:
- I am gainfully employed and pay taxes, and am therefore entitled to bitch about "The Way Things Are™.
- I hate clowns. Seriously. the only good clown is a bullet-riddled one.
- When you have a fat friend, there are no seesaws, only catapults.
- I am actually aware of my lack of awareness. Similarly, I am smart enough to know how stupid I am.
- My name is not actually Jack Sebastian.
- I have two kids, both with an unremarkable (or so I am told) lack of self-preservation. It keeps me busy.
I prefer to edit media articles, like tv and film, but have been known to follow my bliss to other places. Some of the articles I've recently been working on include:
- Game of Thrones media articles
- various television episode articles (editing for brevity, mostly)
There are also articles I'd worked on as an anon before registering my account. I imagine I'll expand that list, and develop pet projects. Because I have a bit of a temper when it comes to obstinate people, I tend to find myself able to recognize that tendency in new users, and try to help them take a step back - something that wasn't really afforded to me when i was new.
A good tool to get you started right: How to Develop an Article.
A lot of the list below are articles I inherited from my father's backlog, who used to edit regularly, but for health reasons has since retired:
- Desiree Bassett√
- Max Beesley (rewrite)*Eddie Money (rewrite)
- John D. Goeken (rewrite)
- Sam Bisbee
- Robert Trevino (conductor)
- Johnny Kay (rewrite)
- Hinnerk Schönemann (rewrite)
- User:Jack Sebastian/Nyoman Nuarta (create)
Business, economics, and finance
Geography and places
Literature and theatre
- Phaser (fictional weapon)
- One - Life (TV series)
- Brothel (film)
- A Blade of Grass (Penny Dreadful episode) (rewrite & resubmit)
- Saavik (rewrite)
- Only Time (rewrite)
- Door Lock (rewrite)
- User:Jack_Sebastian/They Reach (creation)
- User:Jack Sebastian/Tuff Turf (rewrite)
- Dream Weaver (song) (rewrite)
- How Do You Do? (Mouth & MacNeal song)
- Missing You (John Waite song) (rewrite)
- Change (John Waite song)
- Children of the Sun
- The Hazards of Love (rewrite)
Articles I've written
- Creation and usage of media files - uploading media such as sound clips
- Cite Video template - missing from the drop-down list in the edit screen
- My Other Wikipedia
- Earwig's Copyvio Detector - a good way to catch an over-abundance of lifted quotes in new articles
- WP:Categorization#User_pages - for delinking categories in article-building
Don't get mad
- “If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by." - Sun Tzu
It's true; while there are complete and utter tool-bags out there who make editing miserable, you should take heart. Every day, some of them get blocked indefinitely - I've seen this happen to exceptionally deserving individuals and celebrated their long-overdue departure. In short, remember to keep your cool, and you will keep your place here in Wikipedia. Be nice or begone.
Want to make more money?
"Sure, we all do!" (thanks, Sally Struthers, you saucy little minx, you!)
Seriously, I know I am not going to make money editing here (unlike that eminently clever bastard John Boughton(, who wrote a book on what most editors already know). This page will develop out once I start doing the work and building a solid edit count.
The TL;dr of this is, you aren't going to get paid for editing here. It's all too easy to get sucked into warring here, and there are a lot of people who come here to do just that. Just take it easy, and if you can't take it easy, take a break.
Pudding. Wheel. IDIC. Book. Confucianism.