|This page contains material that is kept because it is considered humorous. |
Such material is not meant to be taken seriously.
|Education||University of Arizona|
CaptainEek sails the high seas of Wikipedia, hunting for good prose and other booty – such as well sourced articles. They often come across the scourge of the seas: vandalism – yet they know they have nothing to fear when the compass of Wiki is in their hand. They try their best to keep out of edit wars, as ships react poorly to both gunfire and needless reversions. Like Ishmael they too hunt a white whale: the elusive WikiCup. Though they hold the title of Cap'n, they know how important it is to keep a ship...well ship shape and clean. Thus they also serve as a deck swabbie and make liberal use of the mop. When not at the wheel of Wikipedia they make port on the shores of the United States and spend time being a land-lubbing botanist. The "Captain of the Eeks" think Wikipedia is one of the most spectacular human innovations (or at least that it's pretty darn cool), and strongly believes in the mission "to create a free encyclopedia, in a variety of languages, presenting the sum of all human knowledge."
In both Wikipedia and real-life my pronouns are they/them.
- AfC Roulette – They won't let me play craps here, so this is as close to gambling as you can get.
- Rogue AfCs – Not to be confused with Rouge admins
- Category:Wikipedia suspected hoax articles – To be regularly checked for untoward shenanigans
- User:HostBot/Social media traffic report – Experimental, also to be regularly checked for untoward shenanigans
- Cyberbot's handy AFD sorter
- Sandbox 2: Electric Boogaloo
- Template:OD Outdent, for when conversations get wayyyy too many colons
- Template:Jk – A Levivich special, for those banter filled times
- Hemingway prose checker
- Active user checker
- User:Ian.thomson/Howto For AfC participants, an almost mandatory read
- User:Ian.thomson/Guide To show to new users
- TemplateCount for transclusion checking
Chest of infamy
-  Contrary to popular belief, I am not Captain America, nor is my name based off said illustrious Captain
My chest of booty!
- Cactus wren
- Townsend v. Sain
- Klepetan and Malena
- Bouteloua chondrosioides
- Bouteloua eludens
- Bouteloua repens
- Bouteloua radicosa
- Bouteloua parryi
- Bouteloua simplex
- White-browed tit-warbler
- Vermilion flycatcher
- Callaghan MacCarty, 3rd Earl of Clancarty
- Naval armour
- Yeoman Warders Club
- Climate change and birds
Awards in pursuit of the Most Highest Togneme
Captains log: Though I have long since surpassed the rank of Novato, I keep the squirrel book around because, well, its quite funny, and reminds me of one of the strangest and most unbelievable events of my life, which involved an old lady (who you could tell me was one of the three fates of Greek mythology and I would believe you) telling me to "Beware the squirrel shaped things". Not "squirrels". "Squirrel shaped things." I'm very serious. It was most bizarre.
The Barn of Barnstars
Treasure we be seekin
|Name of Project||Time Initiated||Time Terminated||Status: on Begin Date||Status: Currently||Status: Goal||Read: Annual||Finish: /|
|Cactus wren||Feb. 2019||Jan. 2020||Stub||FA||FA||45,000|
|Achatinella apexfulva||Jan. 2019||TBA||Stub||Start||B||10,000|
|Edward Hyde, 3rd Earl of Clarendon||Oct. 2018||TBA||Start||Start||B||20,000|
|Vermilion flycatcher||April 2019||June 2020||Start||FA||FA||25,000|
|American Civil War||Jan 2020||TBA||B||B||GA||4,500,000|
|Abraham Lincoln||Feb 2020||TBA||GA||GA||FA||6,000,000|
|Great-tailed grackle||Mar 2020||TBA||Start||Start||FA||70,000|
|White-winged dove||Apr 2020||TBA||Start||C||FA||40,000|
|Gallic Wars||Nov 2020||TBA||C||B||FA||250,000|
- Talk:American Civil War/Featured article push/archive 1
- Curve-billed thrasher
- Category:Native birds of the Southwestern United States
- Wound response in plants
- Bird articles de-stubbed: 4
Do you seek adoption? I am willing to take on dedicated and inquisitive newbies into my crew. If you're interested, leave a note on my talk page asking for adoption, and explaining what you'd like to get out of the process. I will take on folks of all experience levels, but I do want some evidence that you will stick around and complete your training. If you are excited to learn and edit Wikipedia, I am excited to guide you from deckhand to a captainship of your own aboard the SS Wikipedia!