|Endowment||$1.452 billion (2019)|
The University of Colorado (CU) is a system of public universities in Colorado consisting of four campuses: University of Colorado Boulder, University of Colorado Colorado Springs, University of Colorado Denver in downtown Denver and at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. It is governed by the elected, nine-member Board of Regents of the University of Colorado.
- The University of Colorado Boulder (CU Boulder) is the flagship university of the University of Colorado System in Boulder, Colorado. Founded in 1876, the university has more than 33,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It offers more than 2,500 courses in more than 150 areas of study through its nine colleges and schools.
- The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is the fastest growing of the three campuses with an undergraduate and graduate student population of about 12,000 students. It offers 45 bachelor's, 22 master's, and five doctoral degree programs through its six colleges.
- The University of Colorado Denver (CU Denver) is the largest research university in Colorado, attracting more than $420 million in research annually, and granting more master's degrees than any other institution in Colorado. The campus provides an urban learning center with liberal arts and sciences and professional programs in eight schools and colleges. CU Denver is located in downtown Denver and enrolls more than 15,000 students. CU South Denver is the newest addition to University of Colorado system, located in Lone Tree.
- The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz) in Aurora is home to six professional schools in the health sciences and extensive research and clinical care facilities, including the University of Colorado Hospital, Children's Hospital Colorado and the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center. CU Anschutz has more than 4,300 students.
- Jeffrey Kurtzman, American pianist, musicologist and music editor
- Kwabena Kwakye Anti, Ghanaian politician
- Vernon Lattin (born 1938), president of Brooklyn College
- Joseph S. Murphy (1933-1998), President of Queens College, President of Bennington College, and Chancellor of the City University of New York
- James Robb, pathologist, expert on the coronavirus
- Virginia Sink (1913 – 1986), chemical engineer and the first woman automotive engineer at Chrysler
- Frederick Masoudi, cardiologist and professor
- As of June 30, 2019. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Endowment Market Value and Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2018 to FY 2019". National Association of College and University Business Officers and TIAA. Retrieved January 31, 2020.
- McConnellogue, Ken (November 20, 2013). "University of Colorado surpasses $1.068 billion Creating Futures campaign milestone". CU.edu. University of Colorado. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "Campus, College & School Names". University of Colorado Boulder. Archived from the original on December 4, 2019. Retrieved December 4, 2019.
- "CU Boulder Fall 2017 Overall Enrollment Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-11-16.
- "Facts & Figures". University of Colorado Colorado Springs. Archived from the original on 2017-06-19. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- "Quick Facts - Accredited Degrees, Research and Health Care". University of Colorado Denver. Archived from the original on 2018-03-22. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- "About Us". southdenver.cu.edu. CU South Denver. Archived from the original on 30 June 2019. Retrieved 17 January 2020.