The 1942 South Carolina United States Senate election was held on November 3, 1942 to select the U.S. Senator from the state of South Carolina. Incumbent Democratic Senator Burnet R. Maybank defeated Eugene S. Blease in the Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election to win a six-year term.
Senator Burnet R. Maybank was opposed in the Democratic primary by half-brother of Coleman Livingston Blease and former Chief Justice of the South Carolina Supreme Court Eugene S. Blease. Maybank campaigned in support of the Roosevelt administration and defeated Blease in the primary election on August 25. There was no opposition to the Democratic candidate in the general election so Maybank was elected to a six-year term in the Senate.
|Burnet R. Maybank||120,731||51.4|
|Eugene S. Blease||114,241||48.6|
General election results
|Democratic||Burnet R. Maybank (incumbent)||22,556||100.0||0.0|
- List of United States Senators from South Carolina
- United States Senate elections, 1942
- United States House of Representatives elections in South Carolina, 1942
- South Carolina gubernatorial election, 1942
- Jordan, Frank E. The Primary State: A History of the Democratic Party in South Carolina, 1876-1962. p. 77.
- "Supplemental Report of the Secretary of State to the General Assembly of South Carolina." Reports and Resolutions of South Carolina to the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina. Volume I. Columbia, SC: 1943, p. 5.