Durbin: 40–50% 50–60% 60–70% 70–80%
Durkin: 40–50% 50–60% 60–70%
The United States Senate election in Illinois was held on November 5, 2002. Incumbent Democratic U.S. Senator Dick Durbin sought re-election to a second term in the United States Senate. Durbin defeated Republican challenger State Representative Jim Durkin in a landslide.
|Democratic||Dick Durbin (incumbent)||918,467||100.00%|
- Jim Durkin, Illinois State Representative
- Jim Oberweis, owner of Oberweis Dairy
- John H. Cox, businessman
|Republican||John H. Cox||187,706||22.74%|
- Complete video of debate, October 23, 2002
Durbin won re-election to a second term easily, carrying a majority of the state's 102 counties.
|Democratic||Dick Durbin (incumbent)||2,103,766||60.33%||+4.25%|
- "Ballots Cast". Elections.il.gov. March 19, 2002. Retrieved April 4, 2015.
- "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 5, 2002" (PDF). Clerk.house.gov. Retrieved April 4, 2015.