This article does not cite any sources. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The subcommittee deals with all matters concerning U.S. relations with countries in Africa (except those, like the countries of North Africa, specifically covered by other subcommittees), as well as regional intergovernmental organizations like the African Union and the Economic Community of West African States. This subcommittee’s regional responsibilities include all matters within the geographic region, including matters relating to: (1) terrorism and non-proliferation; (2) crime and illicit narcotics; (3) U.S. foreign assistance programs; and (4) the promotion of U.S. trade and exports.
In addition, this subcommittee has global responsibility for health-related policy, including disease outbreak and response.
- Jeff Flake, Arizona, 2015-2019
- Chris Coons, Delaware, 2011-2015
- Russ Feingold, Wisconsin, 2007-2011
- Mel Martinez, Florida, 2005-2007
- Lamar Alexander, Tennessee, 2003-2005
- Russ Feingold, Wisconsin, 2001-2003
- Bill Frist, Tennessee, 1999-2001
- John Ashcroft, Missouri, 1997-1999
- Nancy Kassebaum, Kansas, 1995-1997
- Paul Simon, Illinois, 1987-1995