|Directed by||Vernon Sewell|
|Produced by||Louis H. Jackson|
|Written by||Peter Cheyney|
|Based on||novel Uneasy Terms by Peter Cheyney|
|Music by||Hans May|
|Edited by||Monica Kimick|
|Distributed by||Pathé Pictures International (UK)|
Uneasy Terms is a 1948 British crime thriller film directed by Vernon Sewell and starring Michael Rennie, Moira Lister and Faith Brook. It is based on the 1946 novel of the same name by Peter Cheyney.
Slim Callaghan is a private eye whose client, Colonel Stenhurst, is murdered, leaving behind a trail of suspects. Viola, the eldest of the Colonel's three stepdaughters, is the prime suspect, but after wading through clues and romance, Callaghan corners the real culprit.
- Michael Rennie - Slim Callaghan
- Moira Lister - Corinne Alardyse
- Faith Brook - Viola Alardyse
- Joy Shelton - Effie
- Patricia Goddard - Patricia Alardyse
- Barry Jones - Inspector Gringall
- Marie Ney - Honoria Wymering
- Paul Carpenter - Windy Nicholls
- Nigel Patrick - Lucien Donnelly
- Sydney Tafler - Maysin
- J.H. Roberts - Sallins
- Joan Carroll - Matron
- Allmovie wrote, "Uneasy Terms is a scrambled British attempt at American-style hard boil."
- Sky Movies wrote, "Peter Cheyney's detective Slim Callaghan has rarely translated well to the screen, But this Vernon Sewell-directed thriller is one of the better efforts, thanks largely to a quality cast that also includes Barry Jones, Joy Shelton and Paul Carpenter."
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | UNEASY TERMS (1948)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 16 April 2009. Archived from the original on 14 January 2009. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Goble, Alan (1 January 1999). The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film. Walter de Gruyter. ISBN 9783110951943 – via Google Books.
- "Uneasy Terms Review". Movies.tvguide.com. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- "Uneasy Terms (1948) - Trailers, Reviews, Synopsis, Showtimes and Cast". AllMovie. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- "Uneasy Terms - Sky Movies HD". Skymovies.sky.com. 15 November 2003. Retrieved 5 June 2014.