Ulrica Wilson is a mathematician specializing in the theory of noncommutative rings and in the combinatorics of matrices. She is an associate professor at Morehouse College, associate director of diversity and outreach at the Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM), and a former vice president of the National Association of Mathematicians.
Education and career
Wilson is African-American, and originally from Massachusetts, but grew up in Birmingham, Alabama. She is a 1992 graduate of Spelman College, and completed her Ph.D. at Emory University in 2004. Her dissertation, Cyclicity of Division Algebras over an Arithmetically Nice Field, was supervised by Eric Brussel.
Wilson was the Morehouse College Vulcan Teaching Excellence Award winner for 2016–2017. She was recognized by Mathematically Gifted & Black as a Black History Month 2017 Honoree. In 2018, she won the Presidential Award for Excellence in Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Mentoring. She is on the Board of directors of Enhancing Diversity in Graduate Education (EDGE), a program that helps women entering graduate studies in the mathematical sciences. She was included in the 2019 class of fellows of the Association for Women in Mathematics " for her many years of supporting the professional development of women in their pursuit of graduate degrees in mathematics, most visibly through mentoring, teaching and program administration within the EDGE Program, and also as associate director of diversity and outreach at The Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM)".
- Ulrica Wilson: Associate Professor of Mathematics, Morehouse College, retrieved 2018-10-07 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Ulrica Wilson", Mathematically Gifted and Black: Black History Month 2017 Honoree, The Network of Minorities in Mathematical Sciences, retrieved 2018-10-07 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The NAM Board of Directors" (PDF), NAM Newsletter, 18 (4): 12, Spring 2018
- Mulcahy, Colm (2017), "A Century of Mathematical Excellence at Spelman College", JMM 2017, doi:10.22595/scpubs.00013
- Ulrica Wilson at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Mathematics Professor Ulrica Wilson Named Morehouse College's 2016–2017 Vulcan Teaching Excellence Award Winner, Morehouse College, May 26, 2017, retrieved 2018-10-07 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Ulrica Wilson". Mathematically Gifted & Black.
- Morehouse Professors Win White House/National Science Foundation Awards, Morehouse College, July 2, 2018, retrieved 2018-10-07 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- 2019 Class of AWM Fellows, Association for Women in Mathematics, retrieved 2019-01-08 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)