This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
World map with the time zone highlighted
|22:41, 14 July 2020 UTC+08:00|
|120 degrees E|
With an estimated population of 1.708 billion living within the time zone, roughly 24% of the world population, it is the most populous time zone in the world, as well as a possible candidate for ASEAN Common Time.
This time zone is used in all Chinese-speaking regions, giving international Chinese websites and TV channels the same time.
The southern half of Vietnam (Republic of Vietnam) was formerly part of this time zone prior to the national reunification on 30 April 1975, making it 1 hour ahead of North Vietnam. After 1975, the whole country came under the North Vietnamese time zone, UTC+07:00.
As standard time (all year round)
Principal cities: Shanghai, Palopo, Antipolo, Taguig, Makati, Ligao, Pasig, Pasay, Navotas, Paranaque, Muntinlupa, Marikina, Mandaluyong, Malabon, Malolos, Iriga, Quezon City, Malaybalay, Tuguegarao, Ilagan, Tagum, Maasin, Tandag, Tarlac City, Trece Martires, Tacloban, Masbate City, Oroquieta, Vigan, Malolos, Marawi, San Jose del Monte, Gapan, Cabadbaran, Meycauayan, Imus, Kidapawan, Palayan, Catbalogan, Digos, Butuan, Mabalacat, Cabanatuan, Borongan, Balikpapan, Samarinda, Sabah, Caloocan, Las Pinas, Lamitan, Seberang Perai, Kuching, Kaohsiung, Kupang, Ormoc, Iskandar Puteri, Palu, Shah Alam, Manado, Kendari, Kota Kinabalu, Alor Setar, Alor Gajah, Petaling Jaya, Ipoh, Tarakan, Putrajaya, Tanjung Selor, Cavite City, Banjarmasin, Cebu City, Dipolog, Batangas City, Puerto Galera, Beijing, Davao City, Bacolod, Cagayan de Oro, Iligan, Subang Jaya, Calapan, Laoag, Sorsogon City, Iloilo City, Dumaguete, Puerto Princesa, Broga, Tagbilaran, Taipei, Gemas, Surigao City, Hong Kong, Sibu, Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Terengganu, Kota Bharu, Nasipit, Odiongan, Sibulan, Tabaco, Singapore, Manila, Malacca City, Makassar, Navotas, Denpasar, Parepare, Olongapo, Seremban, Pagadian, Kalibo, Perth, Johor Bahru, Zamboanga City, Irkutsk
- Russia – Irkutsk Time
- China – China Standard Time
- Hong Kong – Hong Kong Time (Hong Kong Standard Time)
- Macau – Macau Time (Macau Standard Time)
- Mongolia – Time in Mongolia
- Eastern part, including Ulaanbaatar
- ��Taiwan – National Standard Time
- Brunei – Brunei Darussalam Standard Time
- Indonesia – Central Indonesia Time
- Malaysia – Malaysia Standard Time
- Philippines – Philippine Standard Time
- Singapore – Singapore Standard Time
Discrepancies between official UTC+08:00 and geographical UTC+08:00
This section is only partly updated for longitudes using other time zones. This concerns areas within 112°30′ E to 127°30′ E longitude.
- Parts of Indonesia, including eastern East Java with its capital city Surabaya, most of Central Kalimantan, and eastern part of West Kalimantan, where UTC+07:00 is used.
- East Timor, where UTC+09:00 is used.
- The western parts of Korea, including the South Korean capital city, Seoul, where UTC+09:00 is used.
Areas located outside UTC+08:00 longitudes using UTC+08:00 time
Areas between 127°30′ E and 142°30′ E ("physical" UTC+09:00)
- Parts of northeast China including the eastern half of Heilongjiang Province and the Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture in Jilin Province.
- Easternmost parts of Western Australia.
Areas between 97°30′ E and 112°30′ E ("physical" UTC+07:00)
From south to north:
- Many parts of central China including:
- Most of central Mongolia including the capital Ulaanbaatar.
- In Russia, most of:
Areas between 82°30′ E and 97°30′ E ("physical" UTC+06:00)
- Parts of China
- Western Mongolia.
Areas between 67°30′ E and 82°30′ E ("physical" UTC+05:00)
- Parts of western China including western Xinjiang province (although most locals observe UTC+06:00 even if it is officially UTC+08:00).
- ASEAN Common Time
- Hong Kong Time
- Philippine Standard Time
- Singapore Standard Time
- Time in Australia
- Time in Brunei
- Time in Cambodia
- Time in China
- Time in Indonesia
- Time in Laos
- Time in Malaysia
- Time in Mongolia
- Time in Russia
- Time in Taiwan
- Time in Vietnam
- "Russia Time Zone Map". WorldTimeZone.com. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "ULAT – Ulaanbaatar Time". Asian time zones. Time and Date. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Indonesia Time Zones – Indonesia Current Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Gwlliam Law. "Provinces of Indonesia". Statoids. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Bending Time in Xinjiang