|UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Till|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Till.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||May 27, 2018|
UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Till (also known as UFC Fight Night 130 or UFC Liverpool) was a mixed martial arts event produced by the UFC that was held on May 27, 2018, at the Echo Arena in Liverpool, England.
The event was initially expected to take place in Dublin. However, at the pre-fight press conference for UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Volkov, the promotion indicated that the event would be contested in Liverpool. While the UFC has hosted many events across England, the event was the first contested in Liverpool.
A welterweight bout between Neil Magny and Gunnar Nelson was expected to take place at this event. However, on April 28, it was reported that Nelson pulled out of the fight due to a knee injury. On May 15, promotional newcomer Craig White was announced as Magny's new opponent.
Promotional newcomer Don Madge was briefly linked to a bout with David Teymur at the event. However, Madge pulled out of the fight in late April with an undisclosed injury. As a result, Teymur was removed from the card entirely and rescheduled to face Nik Lentz the following week at UFC Fight Night: Rivera vs. Moraes.
Salim Touahri was scheduled to face Brad Scott at the event. However, Touahri pulled out of the fight in mid-May citing a knee injury. He was replaced by promotional newcomer Carlo Pedersoli Jr.
A bantamweight bout between Davey Grant and Manny Bermudez was expected to take place at this event. However, on May 24, it was reported that Grant was diagnosed with a staph infection, and the bout was scrapped.
At the weigh-ins, Darren Till and Molly McCann both missed the required weight for their respective fights. Till weighed in at 174.5 pounds, 3.5 pounds over the welterweight non-title fight limit of 171. After negotiating with Stephen Thompson's team, the bout proceeded at a catchweight with the stipulation that Till couldn't weigh more than 188 pounds on the day of the fight. Also, Till forfeited 30 percent of his purse to Thompson. Meanwhile, McCann weighed in at 127 pounds, 1 pound over the flyweight non-title fight limit of 126. She was fined 20 percent of her purse, which went to her opponent, Gillian Robertson.
|Main card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Catchweight (174.5 lbs)||Darren Till||def.||Stephen Thompson||Decision (unanimous) (48–47, 49–46, 49–46)||5||5:00|
|Welterweight||Neil Magny||def.||Craig White||TKO (knee and punches)||1||4:32|
|Featherweight||Arnold Allen||def.||Mads Burnell||Submission (front choke)||3||2:41|
|Featherweight||Makwan Amirkhani||def.||Jason Knight||Decision (split) (27–30, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Cláudio Silva||def.||Nordine Taleb||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||4:31|
|Middleweight||Darren Stewart||def.||Eric Spicely||TKO (punches)||2||1:47|
|Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Middleweight||Tom Breese||def.||Dan Kelly||TKO (punches)||1||3:33|
|Women's Bantamweight||Lina Länsberg||def.||Gina Mazany||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Carlo Pedersoli Jr.||def.||Brad Scott||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (127 lbs)||Gillian Robertson||def.||Molly McCann||Technical Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||2:05|
|Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Middleweight||Elias Theodorou||def.||Trevor Smith||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: None awarded
- Performance of the Night: Arnold Allen, Cláudio Silva, Darren Stewart, and Tom Breese
- Staff (2018-05-28). "UFC Fight Night 130 draws reported 8,520 attendance for $1.3 million live gate". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-05-28.
- Staff (2018-03-16). "UFC announces debut event in Liverpool". ufc.com. Retrieved 2018-03-16.
- Peter Carroll (2018-02-23). "UFC planning return to Dublin". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-02-23.
- Staff (2018-03-16). "Sorry, Dublin: UFC heading to Liverpool for first time for UFC Fight Night 130; Darren Till headlines". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-03-16.
- Lewis McKeever (2018-03-29). "Stephen Thompson vs. Darren Till to headline UFC Liverpool". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- Damon Martin (2018-04-28). "Gunnar Nelson out of co-main event fight against Neil Magny at UFC in Liverpool". www.mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2018-05-13.
- Chisanga Malata (2018-05-15). "UFC Liverpool: Neil Magny to face UFC newcomer Craig White in co-main event". express.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- Staff (2018-04-18). "Newcomer Don Madge says he's fighting David Teymur at UFC Liverpool". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- Alexander K. Lee (2018-05-01). "David Teymur steps in to fight Nik Lentz at UFC Utica". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-05-01.
- Marcel Dorff (2018-05-15). "UFC Liverpool loses Bradley Scott vs. Salim Touahri match-up" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-05-15.
- Marcel Dorff (2018-05-17). "Carlo Pedersoli Jr. Bradley Scott makes a short notice at UFC Liverpool" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- Tudor Leonte (2018-05-24). "Report: Manny Bermudez-Davey Grant scrapped from Sunday's UFC Fight Night 130". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- Staff (2018-05-26). "UFC Fight Night 130 weigh-in results: Darren Till heavy but headliner still on (Updated)". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- "UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Till". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- Staff (2018-05-27). "UFC Fight Night 130 bonuses: Darren Stewart's emotional win nets him $50,000 extra". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-05-27.