|UFC Fight Night: Boetsch vs. Henderson|
The poster for UFC Fight Night: Boetsch vs. Henderson.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||June 6, 2015|
|Venue||Smoothie King Center|
|City||New Orleans, Louisiana|
The event was expected to be headlined by a light heavyweight bout between top contenders Daniel Cormier and Ryan Bader. However on April 28, due to Jon Jones' hit-and-run incident leading up to his fight at UFC 187 against Anthony Johnson, the UFC decided to strip him of the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship and suspend him indefinitely. Jones was replaced by Cormier. In turn, a middleweight bout between Tim Boetsch and mixed martial arts legend Dan Henderson was promoted to the main event. Subsequently, Bader was pulled from the event entirely.
A bantamweight bout between Joe Soto and Anthony Birchak was originally expected to take place at UFC 177. However, on the day of weigh ins, Soto was pulled from the fight to replace Renan Barão in a UFC Bantamweight Championship bout against champion T.J. Dillashaw, as Barão had to be admitted to the hospital as a result of his attempts to cut weight. Birchak was removed from the card entirely. The fight was later rescheduled for this event.
Zubaira Tukhugov was expected to face Thiago Tavares at the event. However on April 25, it was announced that Tukhugov had to pull out of the fight due to an undisclosed injury. Brian Ortega was announced as his replacement on May 6.
Both Yancy Medeiros and Leonardo Morales missed weight on their first attempts at the weigh-ins, coming in at 159.5 lbs and 140 lbs respectively. They were both given additional time to make the weight limits for their respective weight classes, but Medeiros made no attempts to cut further. Morales would miss weight again on his second attempt, coming in at 137 lbs. As a result, they were both fined 20 percent of their fight purses, which went to Dustin Poirier and José Alberto Quiñónez respectively.
|Main Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Middleweight||Dan Henderson||def.||Tim Boetsch||KO (punches)||1||0:28|
|Heavyweight||Ben Rothwell||def.||Matt Mitrione||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||1:54|
|Catchweight (159.5 lbs)||Dustin Poirier||def.||Yancy Medeiros||TKO (body kick and punches)||1||2:38|
|Featherweight||Brian Ortega||def.||Thiago Tavares||TKO (punches)||3||4:10|
|Bantamweight||Anthony Birchak||def.||Joe Soto||KO (punches)||1||1:37|
|Bantamweight||Francisco Rivera||def.||Alex Caceres||KO (punches)||1||0:21|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Heavyweight||Shawn Jordan||def.||Derrick Lewis||TKO (hook kick and punches)||2||0:48|
|Welterweight||Omari Akhmedov||def.||Brian Ebersole||TKO (knee injury)||1||5:00|
|Lightweight||Chris Wade||def.||Christos Giagos||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Joe Proctor||def.||Justin Edwards||Technical Submission (guillotine choke)||3||4:58|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Middleweight||Jake Collier||def.||Ricardo Abreu||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (137 lbs)||José Alberto Quiñónez||def.||Leonardo Morales||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||2:34|
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Brian Ortega vs. Thiago Tavares
- Performance of the Night: Dustin Poirier and Shawn Jordan
- "UFC Fight Night 68 draws announced 6,231 attendance for $621,523 live gate". MMAjunkie.com. June 7, 2015.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-02-11). "Cormier gets Louisiana homecoming against Bader in June". ufc.co.nz. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- Marc Raimondi (2015-04-28). "Jon Jones stripped of title, Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson for belt headlines UFC 187". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-04-28.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-05-04). "Boetsch-Henderson New NOLA Main Event". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- Matt Erickson and John Morgan (2014-08-29). "Renan Barao out of UFC 177, Joe Soto meets T.J. Dillashaw for title". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-05-07.
- Matt Erickson (2015-03-19). "Joe Soto vs. Anthony Birchak rebooked for UFC Fight Night 68 in New Orleans". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-05-07.
- Staff (2015-03-26). "Alan Jouban injured, Omari Akhmedov meets Brian Ebersole at UFC Fight Night 68". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-03-26.
- Guilherme Cruz (2015-04-25). "Zubaira Tukhugov injured, out of UFC Fight Night 68 bout with Thiago Tavares". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- Staff (2015-05-06). "Thiago Tavares set to meet Brian Ortega at UFC Fight Night 68 in New Orleans". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-05-04). "Collier in for injured Sarafian in NOLA". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- Staff (2015-05-05). "UFC Fight Night 68 weigh-in results: Henderson (186), Boetsch (185.5) official". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- "UFC Fight Night: Boetsch vs. Henderson". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- Matt Erickson (2015-06-07). "UFC Fight Night 68 bonuses: Dustin Poirier gets $50,000 in front of home fans". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-06-07.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|