|UFC 238: Cejudo vs. Moraes|
The poster for UFC 238: Cejudo vs. Moraes.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||June 8, 2019|
The event was headlined by a UFC Bantamweight Championship bout for the vacant title between 2008 Olympic gold medalist in freestyle wrestling and current UFC Flyweight Champion Henry Cejudo and former WSOF Bantamweight Champion Marlon Moraes. Two-time champion T.J. Dillashaw was suspended on March 20 due to a failed drug test in relation to his January loss against Cejudo for the flyweight title and therefore opted to vacate his title before having it stripped. Cejudo became the third man to become UFC champion in two divisions simultaneously and fourth fighter overall (after Conor McGregor at UFC 205, Daniel Cormier at UFC 226 and Amanda Nunes at UFC 232), as well as the seventh person overall to win a title in different divisions.
A strawweight bout between Felice Herrig and Xiaonan Yan was scheduled for the event. However, it was reported on April 30 that Herrig withdrew from the event after suffering a torn ACL and was replaced by former Invicta FC Strawweight Champion Angela Hill.
|Bantamweight||Henry Cejudo||def.||Marlon Moraes||TKO (punches)||3||4:51||[a]|
|Women's Flyweight||Valentina Shevchenko (c)||def.||Jessica Eye||KO (head kick)||2||0:26||[b]|
|Lightweight||Tony Ferguson||def.||Donald Cerrone||TKO (doctor stoppage)||2||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Petr Yan||def.||Jimmie Rivera||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Blagoy Ivanov||def.||Tai Tuivasa||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary card (ESPN)|
|Women's Strawweight||Tatiana Suarez||def.||Nina Ansaroff||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Aljamain Sterling||def.||Pedro Munhoz||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Women's Strawweight||Alexa Grasso||def.||Karolina Kowalkiewicz||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Calvin Kattar||def.||Ricardo Lamas||KO (punches)||1||4:06|
|Early Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Women's Strawweight||Xiaonan Yan||def.||Angela Hill||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Darren Stewart||def.||Bevon Lewis||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Eddie Wineland||def.||Grigory Popov||KO (punch)||2||4:47|
|Women's Flyweight||Katlyn Chookagian||def.||Joanne Calderwood||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
The following fighters received $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Tony Ferguson vs. Donald Cerrone
- Performance of the Night: Henry Cejudo and Valentina Shevchenko
- Matt Erickson (2019-06-09). "UFC 238 draws announced 16,083 attendance for live gate north of $2 million". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- John Silver (2019-02-10). "UFC returns to Chicago: United Center will host pay-per-view event in June". chicago.suntimes.com. Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- Tristen Critchfield (2019-01-02). "UFC announces second quarter schedule for 2019, confirms Kansas debut in March". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2019-01-02.
- Steven Marrocco (2019-03-27). "Henry Cejudo vs. Marlon Moraes official for UFC 238". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-03-27.
- Nick Baldwin (2019-03-27). "T.J. Dillashaw suspended for failed drug test, relinquishes UFC bantamweight title". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2019-03-20.
- Brett Okamoto (2019-03-08). "Shevchenko-Eye being finalized for June". espn.com. Retrieved 2019-03-11.
- Dave Doyle (2019-05-01). "UFC 238: Angela Hill steps in for Felice Herrig vs. Xiaonan Yan". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-05-02.
- Matt Erickson (2019-06-09). "UFC 238 bonuses: Tony Ferguson, 'Cowboy' Cerrone get a clear 'Fight of Night' winner". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-06-09.