|UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi|
The poster for UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||April 25, 2015|
|City||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
The event was expected to be headlined by a UFC Bantamweight Championship rematch between the then current champion T.J. Dillashaw and former champion Renan Barão. However on March 24, it was announced that Dillashaw had to pull out of the fight due to a broken rib and the fight was postponed. A UFC Flyweight Championship bout between current champion Demetrious Johnson and top contender Kyoji Horiguchi, originally scheduled for the co-main event, served as the event's headliner.
A welterweight bout between Rory MacDonald and Hector Lombard was expected to take place at the event. However, on February 10, the UFC announced the removal of both participants from the card and indicated that the pairing had been scrapped. It was later revealed that the fight was canceled due to Lombard's failed drug test from UFC 182. Subsequently, it was announced that MacDonald would receive a title shot against current champion Robbie Lawler at UFC 189.
Abel Trujillo was expected to face John Makdessi at the event. However on April 1, it was announced that Trujillo had pulled out of the fight due to a broken arm and was replaced by promotional newcomer Shane Campbell. The fight was contested at a catchweight of 160 lbs.
Former UFC Light Heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson was expected to make his promotional return against Fábio Maldonado at the co-main event. However on April 7, Bellator MMA, Jackson's most recent employer, was granted an injunction by a New Jersey Superior Court judge preventing him from competing after it was alleged that he breached his Bellator contract. Three days later the UFC announced that Jackson would be replaced by former hockey player Steve Bossé and stated "at the moment, Jackson and his representatives plan to appeal the court’s order." On April 21, the court injunction blocking Jackson’s return was lifted. The bout maintained its original co-main event status and was contested at a catchweight of 215 lbs. Bossé did not compete at the event, but received his show money.
|Flyweight||Demetrious Johnson (c)||def.||Kyoji Horiguchi||Submission (armbar)||5||4:59||[a]|
|Catchweight (215 lbs)||Quinton Jackson||def.||Fábio Maldonado||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Michael Bisping||def.||C.B. Dollaway||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (160 lbs)||John Makdessi||def.||Shane Campbell||TKO (punches)||1||4:53|
|Bantamweight||Thomas Almeida||def.||Yves Jabouin||TKO (punches)||1||4:18|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Welterweight||Patrick Côté||def.||Joe Riggs||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Women's Bantamweight||Alexis Davis||def.||Sarah Kaufman||Submission (armbar)||2||1:52|
|Lightweight||Chad Laprise||def.||Bryan Barberena||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Olivier Aubin-Mercier||def.||David Michaud||Submission (rear-naked choke)||3||3:24|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Welterweight||Nordine Taleb||def.||Chris Clements||Decision (unanimous) (30���27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Women's Strawweight||Valérie Létourneau||def.||Jessica Rakoczy||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Women's Strawweight||Randa Markos||def.||Aisling Daly||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
- For the UFC Flyweight Championship. Latest finish in UFC history.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Chad Laprise vs. Bryan Barberena
- Performance of the Night: Demetrious Johnson and Thomas Almeida
- Staff (2015-04-26). "UFC 186 draws reported 10,154 fans for $668,000 live gate in Montreal". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-04-26.
- "Pay-per-view". mmapayout.com. April 25, 2014.
- John Morgan (2015-01-01). "UFC now targets Montreal for UFC 186 on April 25, Dallas for UFC 185 on March 14". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-01-01.
- John Morgan (2015-01-17). "Dillashaw-Barao, MacDonald-Lombard, 'Rampage'-Maldonado among five bouts set for UFC 186". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-01-17.
- Matt Erickson (2015-03-24). "Champ T.J. Dillashaw injured, title rematch with Renan Barao scrapped from UFC 186". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-03-24.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-03-24). "Mighty Mouse-Horiguchi new UFC 186 main event". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-03-24.
- Mike Bohn (2015-02-10). "With MacDonald vs. Lombard pulled from UFC 186, both fighters to get new opponents". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-02-10). "Hector Lombard failed drug test following UFC 182 win over Josh Burkman". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- Staff (2015-02-18). "Champ Robbie Lawler meets Rory MacDonald at UFC 189 as event's second title fight". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-02-18.
- Staff (2015-03-24). "Chris Clements steps in for Claudio Silva vs. Nordine Taleb at UFC 186 in Montreal". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-03-24.
- Mike Bohn and John Morgan (2015-04-01). "Shane Campbell replaces injured Abel Trujillo against John Makdessi at UFC 186". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- Steven Marrocco and Dann Stepp (2015-04-07). "Bellator granted injunction; 'Rampage' Jackson ruled out of UFC 186 co-headliner". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-04-07.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-04-10). "Bosse to debut against Maldonado at UFC 186". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-04-10.
- Nancy Gay (2015-04-21). "Rampage Jackson cleared for return at UFC 186". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-04-21.
- Matt Erickson (2015-04-23). "With 'Rampage' back in, Steve Bosse will get show money for UFC 186 in Montreal". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- "UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2015-01-17.
- Matt Erickson (2015-04-26). "UFC 186 bonuses: Yeah, duh – Demetrious Johnson got $50,000 for that craziness". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-04-26.