This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Dato' Peter Ng|
|Chancellor||Tan Sri Datuk Seri Panglima Dr. Abdul Rahman Arshad|
|Vice-Chancellor||Senior Professor Dato' Dr Khalid Yusoff|
|Campus||Kuala Lumpur, Sarawak, Terengganu|
UCSI offers various disciplines, which include, but are not limited to medicine, pharmacy, engineering, IT, applied sciences, business, architecture, music, social sciences, creative arts and hospitality, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The Institute of Music is ranked as one of the world's top 100 music schools.
Partnering with more than 4,200 companies, UCSI runs one of Malaysia's widest university-industry networks, providing students and staff with internships, job opportunities, knowledge transfers and joint research arrangements. It is Malaysia's fourth best university in the 2019 QS Graduate Employability Rankings. Graduate outcomes are prioritized and the university counts among its alumni three Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia inductees, business leaders and some of Malaysia's most acclaimed musicians and performers like Dennis Lau and Joanne Yeoh.
The university is also a firm advocate of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. UCSI is the first and only private university in Malaysia to be recognised as a regional centre of expertise by the United Nations University.
UCSI was founded in 1986 by Dato' Peter Ng as a computer training institute in Petaling Jaya. It soon relocated to new premises in Kuala Lumpur to cater to growing student numbers and more academic programmes were offered. UCSI was accorded college status in 1990 by the Ministry of Education (Malaysia), university college status in 2003 and full-fledged university status in 2008, becoming Malaysia's second private university. The institution was formerly known as Sedaya.
Faculties and institutes
UCSI University has seven faculties and two institutes that offer more than 100 academic programmes.
• Faculty of Applied Sciences • Faculty of Business and Information Science • Faculty of Engineering, Technology and Built Environment • Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management • Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences • Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences • Faculty of Social Science and Liberal Arts • Institute of Music • De Institute of Creative Arts and Design
- "UCSI, nation's top private varsity - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "Local varsities in global list - Education | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "Taylor's graduates are highly sought after - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "UCSI alumni on Forbes list - Education | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "Music on their minds - Education | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "UCSI University gets UN recognition - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 24 October 2018.