Postcode district boundaries:
|Southall postcode area|
|Postcode area name||Southall|
|Statistics as at February 2012|
The UB postcode area, also known as the Southall postcode area, is a group of eleven postcode districts in England, which are subdivisions of six post towns. These cover parts of west and north-west London, plus a very small part of Buckinghamshire. The letters in the postcode are derived from an abbreviation of Uxbridge.
The main sorting office is in Greenford (Green Park Way) and the area served includes much of the London Borough of Hillingdon and the western part of the London Borough of Ealing, while the western part of UB9 covers a small part of the South Bucks district of Buckinghamshire, the southern part of UB2 covers a very small part of the London Borough of Hounslow, and a very small part of UB5 lies within the London Borough of Harrow.
The approximate coverage of the postcode districts:
|Postcode district||Post town||Coverage||Local authority area|
|UB2||SOUTHALL||Southall (south), Norwood Green||Ealing, Hounslow|
|UB3||HAYES||Hayes (south), Harlington||Hillingdon|
|UB4||HAYES||Hayes (north), Yeading||Hillingdon|
|UB5||NORTHOLT||Northolt||Ealing, Harrow, Hillingdon|
|UB7||WEST DRAYTON||West Drayton, Harmondsworth, Sipson, Yiewsley, Longford||Hillingdon|
|UB8||UXBRIDGE||Uxbridge, Cowley, Hillingdon (part)||Hillingdon|
|UB9||UXBRIDGE||Denham, Harefield||Hillingdon, South Bucks|
- "ONS Postcode Directory Version Notes" (ZIP). National Statistics Postcode Products. Office for National Statistics. February 2012. Table 2. Retrieved 21 April 2012. Coordinates from mean of unit postcode points, "Code-Point Open". OS OpenData. Ordnance Survey. February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Royal Mail, Address Management Guide, (2004)
- "Non Geographic Codes" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. July 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 September 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "New sectors and localities to 14 December 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 20 December 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 February 2015. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "New sectors and localities to 16 November 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 19 November 2012. Retrieved 29 November 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "New sectors and localities to 19 October 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 19 October 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 May 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- UB18 includes a series of postcodes where, unusually, the last two letters correspond to the ISO country code for various countries in the trading name of the address, such as "Spring France, GREENFORD, UB18 7FR". Royal Mail – Find an address[permanent dead link]