|Traded as||NASDAQ: USCR|
S&P 600 Component
|Industry||Heavy Building Materials|
|William J. Sandbrook |
( Chairman, President, and CEO), Ronnie Pruitt
( Senior Vice-President and COO), John E. Kunz
( Senior Vice-President and CFO), Paul M. Jolas
(Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary)
|Products||Ready-Mixed Concrete and Aggregates|
U.S. Concrete, Inc.(NASDAQ: USCR) is an American company specializing in concrete and related construction materials and solutions. It was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Euless, Texas. The company’s main products are ready-mixed concrete and aggregates. The company serves customers widely distributed in Texas, California, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Philadelphia, U.S. Virgin Islands and Washington D.C..
1999-2001, U.S. Concrete, Inc acquired 21 companies and received $35 million IPO.
2002-2003, The company engaged in the aggregates industry and completed 1 tuck-in acquisition.
2004 and beyond, It has been making more progress in the market via cross-selling opportunities.
On October 30, 2012, Central Concrete Supply Co., Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of U.S. Concrete, completed the acquisition of Bode Gravel Co. and Bode Concrete LLC.
On Dec 17, 2012, a wholly owned subsidiary of U.S. Concrete, Inc., Smith Precast., Inc., sold substantially all of its assets for $4.27 million in cash and the assumption of certain obligations by Jensen Enterprises, Inc.
In 2015, U.S. Concrete completed a significant ready-mixed concrete acquisition of Ferrara Bros. Building Materials, in Queens, New York. This acquisition significantly expanded the Company's footprint in New York City and allowed them to serve all five boroughs. In subsequent acquisitions in 2016, USCR completed a series of acquisitions of Jenna Concrete, NYCON Supply Co. and Kings Ready Mix as part of a strategy to strengthen and expand its New York City operations. These acquisitions expanded their ready-mixed concrete operations, adding New York as a major contributor to success.
In 2017, the Company completed its largest acquisition to date with the purchase of Polaris Materials, a construction aggregate producer in British Columbia, Canada. This acquisition added a significant amount of aggregates production and reserves to our portfolio. The Polaris acquisition represented a key step in U.S. Concrete's vertical integration growth strategy. Beyond its own traditional regions, they also serve aggregates-only markets in Southern California and Hawaii. Also in 2017, USCR acquired Corbett Aggregate Companies, LLC located in Quinton, New Jersey, another significant step in vertically integrating their operations. Corbett provides a critical component to our aggregates needs in New York City, through our New York Sand & Stone business unit and their network of aggregates terminals.
Products & services
U.S. Concrete, Inc. provides ready-mixed concrete, the company also provides crushed stone, sand, and gravel. U.S. Concrete has 150 standard ready-mixed concrete plants, 16 volumetric ready-mixed concrete facilities, and 14 producing aggregates facilities (2016). The company also involves building materials stores, hauling operations and broker product sales.
Research & Development
2009, U.S. Concrete's National Research Laboratory was set up to develop enhanced concrete (supplementary cementitious materials, SCMs) and solutions. Besides, the company also maintains academic-industrial partnership with research teams at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and Arizona State University (ASU).
U.S. Concrete uses lime slurry and ARIDUS® Rapid Drying Concrete (addressing moisture-related floor covering failures) self-desiccating concrete technology. However, in 2012.12, the company's subsidiary sold Arizona Precast Operations.
- 2013.11, U.S. Concrete, Inc.'s operation Central Concrete Supply Co., Inc., mainly worked for San Francisco Bay Area, received the Northern California & Western Nevada Chapter American Concrete Institute (ACI) Award for Stanford University's Bing Concert Hall.It was honored because of its low-CO2 concrete products.
- 2013.11, U.S. Concrete, Inc.'s operation Eastern Concrete Materials, Inc.awarded and begun providing ready-mix concrete for the New Tappan Zee Bridge, a bridge to replace the old Governor Malcolm Wilson bridge. In 2013.10, Eastern Concrete Materials, Inc.was selected to receive the New York City Concrete Industry Board's 52nd Annual Award for its outstanding work (ready-mixed concrete) for the World Trade Center Transportation Hub Transit Hall in New York City.
- 2011, U.S. Concrete's subsidiary, Riverside Materials, LLC d/b/a Eastern Concrete Materials, Inc., received Greensite Award, famous for the sustainable concrete construction for One World Trade Center.
- 2009.11, U.S. Concrete hornored the GreenSite Award for its environmentally friendly constructions of California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco, California.
- "Business Summary".
- Editorial, Reuters. "UPDATE 1-U.S. Concrete to cut $272 mln debt via bankruptcy". U.S. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "https://www.theconcreteproducer.com/producers/us-concrete-emerges-from-bankruptcy_o". www.theconcreteproducer.com. Retrieved 2018-07-19. External link in
- "Form 8-K for US CONCRETE INC". October 31, 2012. Retrieved Nov 20, 2013.
- "U.S. Concrete Sells Arizona Precast Operations".
- "U.S. Concrete Announces Major Expansion in New York Metropolitan Area With Acquisition of Ferrara Bros. Building Materials".
- "U.S. Concrete Completes Acquisition of Polaris Materials Corporation".
- http://www.us-concrete.com/about_us/. Missing or empty
- "Company Solutions".
- "COMPANY FULL DESCRIPTION".
- "U.S. Concrete's San Francisco Bay Area Operating Company Receives American Concrete Institute Award for Work on Stanford University's Bing Concert Hall".
- "U.S. Concrete's New York-New Jersey Operations Awarded the Land-Based Concrete Supply for the New Tappan Zee Bridge".
- "U.S. Concrete's New York-New Jersey Operations Selected to Receive New York City Concrete Industry Board's 52nd Annual Award".
- "U.S. Concrete Recognized for Sustainable Concrete Construction, Greensite Award for Its Contribution to One World Trade Center, New York, New York".
- "U.S. Concrete Wins GreenSite Award for California Academy of Sciences".